What did you and your 6R/C do today?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: What did you and your 6R/C do today?

Post by RUM4MO »

Oh how easy it can be choosing OEM wheels as winter wheels! (like I have always done)

My daughter and her BF picked Autec Wizards in Gunmetal Grey as winter wheels for her new Leon Cupra - and I seemed to get the job of being the enabler to get things right and fitting them on, so that meant forgetting about the new set of 60 degree taper seat bolts as they were 30mm thread length (only need 27mm even with these new wheels), and buying a full set of 27mm 60 degree wheel bolts and a new set of spigot rings as some did not turn up with the wheels+winter tyres package and some that did had damaged spigot rings - and I had no idea how long the supplier would take to provide replacements. Then I worked out that the winter wheels wheel bolt counterbores were a couple of mm smaller than on the VW Group wheels so that meant that the wheel bolt caps (hex type) could not be fitted and then removed using the VW Group removal tool, also the round type that VW use are even bigger in diameter, so as a stop gap I spray painted the bolt heads satin black! Finally got brave and bought in a set of Bimecc locking bolts in black, so really if she is extremely fussy she might need to fund me to buy in a set of 27mm Bimecc normal bolts in black to replace the spray painted ones.

Also, being a good dad, I bought in a set of 5 normal VW Group wheel bolts and spray painted them yellow so that they could always be available to secure the steel spare wheel if it is ever needed - and a VW Group screwdriver with the wheel bolt head hex recess in the handle as SEAT are too tight or stupid to supply that tool with their cars, and a plastic wheel locater dowel peg - because having one of them just makes more sense when changing a wheel in the dark and probably wet!

They got swopped over on Sunday, so far no complaints!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Took my Polo GTI for its fourth service and second MOT. Car sailed through the MOT but the front tyres are down to 4.0 - 4.5mm so I’ll need to treat it to some new tyres soon.

Had a 1.5 EVO 150ps T-Roc for a courtesy car - it was OK, but I was glad to get back into my own car. The new White Polo GTI+ they had in the showroom was nice though.............I’d not sat in one before, and didn’t dislike the red dash inserts as I thought I might. If I was buying a new one, I’d probably still go for the grey dash inserts, rather than the red ones.

I normally change my car when it gets to 4-5 years old, so I need to give it some thought to whether now is the right time or not.🤔
spartacus68
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.4 TDI (90PS) Blue motion

Post by spartacus68 »

Full detail.

Had access to a garage and under cover for a few days, but weather damp. Washed, petrol to remove tar spots, clay and lube, Menzerna 203S on a rotary mop, then Collinite wax to seal. Meguiars glass polish, new Bosch wipers.

I'd serviced it the week before, so running sweet. Running on 15" alloys and Khumo winter tyres. Will see me though to the Spring. Looking to enable rear light clusters with VCDS with front DRLs on. I've done the same with my A4 Allroad.