Polo AW Photo Gallery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Re: Polo AW Photo Gallery

Post by MilgeS »

Lovely looking car :-)
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

The Race Design kit transforms the car. Love it. :D
Jurki
New
Drives: 2018 1.0 TSI 95hp

Post by Jurki »

Polovivo wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:30 am Ran 18" BBS CH-R wheels from my 6c GTi however the offset was too aggressive.
I really love these. Been tryimg so much to find 18" for my Polo. Will these fit the 2018 1.0 Tsi 95hp ??
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Jurki wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:21 pm
Polovivo wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:30 am Ran 18" BBS CH-R wheels from my 6c GTi however the offset was too aggressive.
I really love these. Been tryimg so much to find 18" for my Polo. Will these fit the 2018 1.0 Tsi 95hp ??
It’s always a good idea when resurrecting an old post (especially a post that’s almost three and a half years old) to check the profile of the forum member who posted it to see if they are still active on the forum. @Polovivo hasn’t been active on the forum for almost two years so it’s unlikely they’ll respond to your question.

If it was specifically BBS CH-R alloys you were interested in, according to the BBS website, the only alloys they produce with the correct PCD (5x100) for the Polo are the BBS SR (16” and 17” options) and BBS XR (17” and 18” options - size availability dependant on the colour and finish chosen).

https://shop.bbs.com/en/wheel-configura ... 1361773668

BBS no longer produce the CH-R to fit the Polo (I didn’t think they ever did?) - the vehicle application sheet on their website for the CH-R alloys doesn’t include any size options with a 5x100 PCD.

https://cdn.bbs.com/15/assets/products/pdf/Anw_CHR.pdf

There are other alloy wheel manufacturers that make wheels similar in design to BBS CH-R’s, so it ought to be possible to find an alternative set of alloys that are similar in appearance to the CH-R in the correct fitment for the Polo. In addition to the PCD being 5x100, ensure you stick with a wheel that isn’t too wide or has too aggressive an offset, otherwise you could have clearance issues (e.g. wheels sticking out beyond the bodywork, tyre rubbing issues, inner face of the wheels fouling the suspension struts). There’s a very useful calculator on www.willtheyfit.com that’ll calculate the critical differences (e.g. poke, tuck, speedo reading error) between any new wheel / tyre set up you’re considering and your existing wheel / tyre set up.

Bear in mind that if you fit 18” alloys to your car, you’ll need to budget for new tyres; the tyres that VW fit to 18” alloys for the Polo are 215/40 R18 which isn’t a particularly common size so they are expensive. You’ll also experience a much firmer ride with 18” wheels and low profile tyres compared to the ride comfort with the wheel / tyre set up VW use on the 1.0 litre 95ps Polo. I don’t know what the insurance implications are in your country if you fit different wheels to your car but in the UK, it is necessary to inform your insurance company, otherwise you may invalidate your insurance.
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member
Drives: 19plate AW GTI+ / (9n3 GTI gone)

Post by ad_182_uk »

Gazhill81 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:30 am Here she is after collecting Thursday and getting lowered straight away :lol:

H&R and 11/13mm forge spacers

Hi. What drop were the H&R springs? Where did you get then from?
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member

Post by ad_182_uk »

Flashredpolo wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:35 pm Just thought I'd share my new steering wheel and paddles

20211112_145002.jpg

20211115_084124.jpg

20211115_084110.jpg

Hi - where are the paddles from and how much?
Bearmode
New
Drives: 2019 R-line

Post by Bearmode »

My R-Line that I'll be getting trading up in July for the facelift GTI

PO10ASH
Getting There!
Drives: POLO GTI+

Post by PO10ASH »

Caffeine and Machine meet with a few Polo owners.

OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

PO10ASH wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:23 pm Caffeine and Machine meet with a few Polo owners.

I do like the wrap on the Polo in the centre, with black rims it must look amazing. Pity there no more images.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

OomStu_ZA wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:24 pm
PO10ASH wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:23 pm Caffeine and Machine meet with a few Polo owners.

I do like the wrap on the Polo in the centre, with black rims it must look amazing. Pity there no more images.
It does look nice 😎.
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member

Post by ad_182_uk »

I did have an order in for a facelift AW gti but came across a 69plate gti plus in the colour I wanted with a few extras at a nearly 7k saving vs the new one, so opted for that instead :)

From what i can tell the differences vs the new ones are the looks and 7speed dsg + a few options like touch climate/wheel controls, rear cam, wireless charging and blindspot monitoring that i specced.

The rear cam can be retro’d if desperate and the wireless charging. Plus, i think the consensus is the touch climate and wheel aren’t highly rated so the proper knobs and buttons may be preferential.

This gti+ also ‘benefits’ from the dubious beats stereo upgrade which was removed from the new polo spec sheet and a spare wheel too!

Heres a teaser.

SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

ad_182_uk wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:29 pm I did have an order in for a facelift AW gti but came across a 69plate gti plus in the colour I wanted with a few extras at a nearly 7k saving vs the new one, so opted for that instead :)

From what i can tell the differences vs the new ones are the looks and 7speed dsg + a few options like touch climate/wheel controls, rear cam, wireless charging and blindspot monitoring that i specced.

The rear cam can be retro’d if desperate and the wireless charging. Plus, i think the consensus is the touch climate and wheel aren’t highly rated so the proper knobs and buttons may be preferential.

This gti+ also ‘benefits’ from the dubious beats stereo upgrade which was removed from the new polo spec sheet and a spare wheel too!

Heres a teaser.

I like the OZ alloys. Did you have them fitted or were they already on the car? Looks as if your car’s lowered too.

I’ve got a GTI+ that I got new in September 2020 and I wouldn’t change it for a new facelift GTI - I don’t like most of the changes - e.g. touch panel for a/c and heating, illuminated front grille strip, the new style upholstery trim, the new style lower grille with the very large honeycomb holes (provides virtually no protection to the a/c condenser from stones / road debris). The only things I do prefer over my car are the rear light clusters and the IQ Matrix LED headlights, but I can live without those.

I won’t be getting a facelift GTI when the time comes to change my car in a round 3 years time; I’ll probably go for an electric car.
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member

Post by ad_182_uk »

@SRGTD Oz alloys fitted by the one previous owner who also chucked 4 x michelin pilot sport 4’s on as well (nice choice). When i viewed the car the 2 rears had minor curbing so as part of my offer i requested the 4 wheels be refurbed and also recoloured to the dark grey as opposed to the standard silver - which probably makes them a ‘one-off’ now.

The suspension is KW coilovers and cancellation kit, i need to double check the invoice to see if its V1/2/3 but i recall the bill being circa £2000 (for the suspension) then probably that again for the wheels.

These are some of the other reasons i cancelled the order i had for the facelift!
KASIplz
New
Drives: None

Post by KASIplz »

ad_182_uk wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:12 pm @SRGTD Oz alloys fitted by the one previous owner who also chucked 4 x michelin pilot sport 4’s on as well (nice choice). When i viewed the car the 2 rears had minor curbing so as part of my offer i requested the 4 wheels be refurbed and also recoloured to the dark grey as opposed to the standard silver - which probably makes them a ‘one-off’ now.

The suspension is KW coilovers and cancellation kit, i need to double check the invoice to see if its V1/2/3 but i recall the bill being circa £2000 (for the suspension) then probably that again for the wheels.

These are some of the other reasons i cancelled the order i had for the facelift!
These wheels look perfect, do you have exact spec on the ones installed on your car?
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member

Post by ad_182_uk »

KASIplz wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:12 pm
These wheels look perfect, do you have exact spec on the ones installed on your car?
OZ Forumla 5 HLT Grigio Corsa 18inch 5x100 i believe thay are .5j wider tthan OEM alloy offering. Mine were originally in silver but re-painted a dark grey which is not available from OZ themselves. Red 5 stud centre cap with carbon Oz cover. Michelin PS4 215/40/18.

https://www.ozracing.com/uk/alloy-wheel ... ula-hlt-5h