Polo Blue GT Rev limiter

Discuss Engine, Gearbox and Exhaust
MikeBbluegt
New
Drives: Blue GT

Polo Blue GT Rev limiter

Post by MikeBbluegt »

Hi I’m new to the blue gt I’ve noticed just sitting on idle that if you rev, it only allows to 4K revs and hits some sort of limiter? Is this normal? A safety feature for the engine? When driving it will allow up to 6k+
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: Polo Blue GT Rev limiter

Post by alexperkins »

Quite normal. It’s done to prevent damage to the engine at idle
MikeBbluegt
New

Post by MikeBbluegt »

Don’t want to jump onto anyone post has anyone fitted the whiteline lowering springs? I’ve not seen them mentioned within the forum Eibach and H&R Seem to be the ones commonly used
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

I dont think they are a particularly common choice. Eibach and H&R are the preferred suppliers.
MikeBbluegt
New

Post by MikeBbluegt »

I did think that, was looking into the rear arb also I thought it would be better to keep to the same supplier, if anyone had any experience with them I’d appreciate feedback on them, they are a well established company.

I was also looking into racingline springs also but I’m led to believe they’re in fact just rebranded Eibach springs with a steep price tag? I’d like to keep everything to the same brand if possible and not a mix match
MikeBbluegt
New

Post by MikeBbluegt »

I was looking to have my car remapped by jbs in August but unfortunately they’re tuner is on holiday at the time, I’m from the northeast of Scotland chances of me being down south that far again are slim to none! Anyone recommend somewhere else? I was pretty set on jbs but can’t really justify the drive down? Are they really that good?

Obviously before the Remap I want to modify the car to get the most out of the map any recommendations on parts? I’m creating a custom intake at the moment and getting a cobra non res exhaust, anything else?
MikeBbluegt
New

Re: Polo Blue gt remap

Post by MikeBbluegt »

I was looking to have my car remapped by jbs in August but unfortunately they’re tuner is on holiday at the time, I’m from the northeast of Scotland chances of me being down south that far again are slim to none! Anyone recommend somewhere else? I was pretty set on jbs but can’t really justify the drive down? Are they really that good?

Obviously before the Remap I want to modify the car to get the most out of the map any recommendations on parts? I’m creating a custom intake at the moment and getting a cobra non res exhaust, anything else?