Can Gateway

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
explorer232
New
Drives: Seat

Can Gateway

Post by explorer232 »

Hi I have question for vag experts. I need change can bus assignment for specified ecu supported by gateway. I have problem with 5F infotainment module. In my gateway 5F module is assigned to CONFORT can bus but I need to change assignment to KOMBI can bus or POWERTRAIN can bus because CONFORT canbus is LOW SPEED and new ecus are HIGHSPEED CAN devices. Is possible to change it by some way? Thanks.
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: Can Gateway

Post by ciclo »

I'm not a VAG expert.
To do your tests and try to make something clear, the only thing that is possible is what I already told you in my topic. Via new IC CAN lines, new 7E0 BCM MAX (internal GW).
You must test if your 5F MQB is recognized in GW inst list by connecting its CAN lines as indicated, if it is not recognized...

I do not think a VAG expert dares to answer your question, the lack of data is huge (you are trying to install a MQB device in PQ25 platform, right?)..... however, it's a lot of interesting.
explorer232
New

Post by explorer232 »

ciclo wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:25 pm I'm not a VAG expert.
To do your tests and try to make something clear, the only thing that is possible is what I already told you in my topic. Via new IC CAN lines, new 7E0 BCM MAX (internal GW).
You must test if your 5F MQB is recognized in GW inst list by connecting its CAN lines as indicated, if it is not recognized...

I do not think a VAG expert dares to answer your question, the lack of data is huge (you are trying to install a MQB device in PQ25 platform, right?)..... however, it's a lot of interesting.
It isnt so easy. 5F must be strictly on the confort can bus. On the new "kombi" can bus or on the "powertrain" can bus device is not detected by gateway its all.
Can gateway is as "router" can frames are routed from one to another can bus. When in can gateway is some ecu assigned to one can bus type frames for this ecu are routing to this can bus type only.
So when you enable in gateway installation list some ecu frames are sending to assigned can bus type and 5F in 7E0 BCM gateway is assigned only to confort can bus.
Yes I am trying connect MQB multimedia unit to PQ25 MAX4 BCM.

There are some possible solutions and one is changing bus assignment for 5F module but I didnt find info - so reversing firmware only for this one.

But no problem :) I made device to solute can bus speed incompatibility between MQB 5F and confort can bus and device is also logging traffic on the bus.
Now 5F is working on the confort can bus and gateway detect 5F module !!! But 5F still doesnt recognise ignition state. At the moment it isnt a big problem because I dont see can bus messages for ignition state in log. So I think that engine control unit is sending ignition state messages not bcm. Today arrive to me from china gateway simulator for vw radios so I can try If it is problem only with not connected engine control module and another ECUs.

EDIT:
Founded differences between 5F(MIB) for PQ vs 5F for MQB
1. MIB-PQ(100kbps) VS MIB-MQB(500kbps) can bus speed
2. MIB-PQ on the confort can bus VS MIB-MQB on the infotainment can bus.
3. MIB-PQ TP2.0 protocol only VS MIB-MQB BAP with backward compatibility ??? (Not checked now)
explorer232
New

Post by explorer232 »

So I made test mib mqb unit with chinese can bus simulator via my can bus speed translator (because chinese emulator is set to 100kbps and mib is 500kbps)and result is bad. Mqb mib unit is sending too much status messages and emulator have buffer overflow :D So I will make my own emulator but I need to know can bus messages for ignition state (terminal 15 state, termina S state ...) in MQB platform.
explorer232
New

Post by explorer232 »

Hi, so some functions are working but I have still problem with can messages

there are 3 dtcs but I need more info

6715 - missing message
6704 - missing message
6714 - missing message

I would like to know what is the missing message and from which ecu. I try to check it via vcds via vcp but there is no info :evil: only missing message
HakimJacob
New
Drives: Left

Post by HakimJacob »

Hi... I just wrapped up introducing the MIB2 retrofit pack from EuroZone Tuning and everything works extraordinary except for my reinforcement camera. I contemplated internally, "no concerns, I'll go into VCDS and check the coding".

Indeed, I can speak with all other modules aside from the new 5f module. I've placed it into the designing test mode and empowered diagnostics on the following 10 boot ups, yet at the same time can't get it to speak with my VCDS machine. Anybody have any proposals?

pcb assembly in usa
Last edited by HakimJacob on Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by amer6R »

explorer232 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:37 pm Hi, so some functions are working but I have still problem with can messages

there are 3 dtcs but I need more info

6715 - missing message
6704 - missing message
6714 - missing message

I would like to know what is the missing message and from which ecu. I try to check it via vcds via vcp but there is no info :evil: only missing message
Contact ross tech support.
Are you using Hex V2 that supports uds?
Screw_Diver
New
Drives: T5GP

Post by Screw_Diver »

Any solution yet? MAX with MQB GW ?

Is there MODUL MQB to PQ converter on market ?