New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW model Polos here!
S_94
Bronze Member
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:41 pm
Drives: 2019 GTI+
Location: UK

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by S_94 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:03 pm

Chris001 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:52 pm
S_94 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:54 pm
Mine had updated to 5c.

In Transit: Near the UK
Ahhhh great news mate.

I havent been so luck (yet) still waiting for the 5c notification but mines is going into Sheerness so guess differnt vessels...

Be interested to see what your turn around from UK to receiving your car will be.
Will keep my fingers crossed for you mate. Hopefully something could come through very soon, seems like things are moving again.

Yeah mine is heading to Grimsby. From what some of the guys on here have said I can see it being stuck there for a while. :(

Surface36
Getting There!
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:29 pm
Drives: SEL115 on order
Location: RCT

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by Surface36 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:09 pm

Chris001 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:52 pm
S_94 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:54 pm
Mine had updated to 5c.

In Transit: Near the UK
Ahhhh great news mate.

I havent been so luck (yet) still waiting for the 5c notification but mines is going into Sheerness so guess differnt vessels...

Be interested to see what your turn around from UK to receiving your car will be.
I'm in the same boat as you............not in any boat ;-( My car has been stuck in Emden for two weeks come tomorrow and I'm waiting for a Sheerness boat too

Bramcoteboy27
New
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:02 pm
Drives: Waiting for gti+
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by Bramcoteboy27 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:09 pm

Just been told my car is on the Glovis Sunlight and looking at the tracker the ship is in mid Atlantic so much for end of April delivery😤

peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:10 pm
Drives: Snazzy red GTi
Location: Maidenhead

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by peeceeuk » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:21 pm

Mine has been sat in Zeebrugge since 1am this morning.
There was an update to its schedule which said that it was next heading for Emden and due in there at 7am tomorrow.
Now it shows that it's expected at 6:30am on the 19th.
Then it will be a waiting game getting it to Sheerness.

Surface36
Getting There!
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:29 pm
Drives: SEL115 on order
Location: RCT

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by Surface36 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:01 pm

Bramcoteboy27 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:09 pm
Just been told my car is on the Glovis Sunlight and looking at the tracker the ship is in mid Atlantic so much for end of April delivery😤
two months ago I was given a provisional date of 27/4. My car has been in Emden for two weeks and no sign of a ship being assigned. I will add another month to the original date and hope to get it by 1st June. The dealer has given me a price for my part ex so every month that goes by he's the one who is taking the loss not me

gonk1959
Bronze Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:21 pm
Drives: 2016 Gti polo
Location: high wycombe

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by gonk1959 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:25 pm

Surface36 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:01 pm
Bramcoteboy27 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:09 pm
Just been told my car is on the Glovis Sunlight and looking at the tracker the ship is in mid Atlantic so much for end of April delivery😤
two months ago I was given a provisional date of 27/4. My car has been in Emden for two weeks and no sign of a ship being assigned. I will add another month to the original date and hope to get it by 1st June. The dealer has given me a price for my part ex so every month that goes by he's the one who is taking the loss not me
Had email today from my dealer saying expected delivery. End of May...not happy. So 14 months.....IF I get delivery end of May grrrrrrrrrrr :(

snowyboy
New
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:29 pm
Drives: Polo blue gt
Location: Hornchurch essex

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by snowyboy » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:30 am

Hi all been reading all your posts for a long time now,only made 1 post.just letting people know how it was for me in case this gives some of you a rough idea. Ordered my gti plus in April 18 and got my build date of 11th march 19.app updated to in transit a week later then skipped straight to 7 around 4th April.took delivery 2 days ago.deep black paint, brecia wheels was my only options.the waiting was bloody terrible but will say you won't be disappointed.my old car was a 2015 polo gt blue and I loved that car but this new one is a thousand times better.good luck everyone waiting.
20190416_232958.jpg

Chris001
New
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 2:16 pm
Drives: GTi+ 2019
Location: UK

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by Chris001 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:51 am

Morning All,

Pleasantly surprised today to walk in to a email from my VW dealership to tell me my car was shipped yesterday and is arriving in Sheerness today..... so there may be hope Surface36.

So just for anyone tracking timelines:

2018
20/01/18 - GTi+ Ordered
31/01/18 - Order with factory

2019
12/01/19 - Stage 3: Build Week Confirmed for W.C 04/03/19
07/03/19 - Stage 5a: In transit
04/04/19 - Stage 5b: Arrived in Emden awaiting a ship
18/04/19 - No notification (yet) via tracker but email from dealership saying will arrive in UK today.

Grubby
New
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:29 pm
Drives: S4 Avant. Incoming GTI + (wife)
Location: Swindon

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by Grubby » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:05 am

Mine has exactly the same as you Chris but no sign of it yet. :?

Griff74
Bronze Member
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:12 am
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue
Location: Manchester

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by Griff74 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:33 am

snowyboy wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:30 am
Hi all been reading all your posts for a long time now,only made 1 post.just letting people know how it was for me in case this gives some of you a rough idea. Ordered my gti plus in April 18 and got my build date of 11th march 19.app updated to in transit a week later then skipped straight to 7 around 4th April.took delivery 2 days ago.deep black paint, brecia wheels was my only options.the waiting was bloody terrible but will say you won't be disappointed.my old car was a 2015 polo gt blue and I loved that car but this new one is a thousand times better.good luck everyone waiting.20190416_232958.jpg
Lovely looking car, glad you finally have it and are pleased with it.

Going on the time scales for you getting your in transit notification and taking delivery I should have my car in the next 8-10 days!! (I know I wont but I can hope LOL) :mrgreen:

wayne10244
New
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:02 pm
Drives: Polo GTI +
Location: Wales Torfaen

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by wayne10244 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:36 am

My build was 04/03/19 and was put on a ship that same week it’s been suck on 5 on the tracker and still not moved as like I said I was supposed to take delivery this week but that’s not going to happen

allye
Getting There!
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:55 am
Drives: Polo Blue GT
Location: Perth

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by allye » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:50 am

Same here. Build was 4/3/19 but built week earlier. Sitting on 5b since 5th April. Going I think to Tyne so who knows when it will ever get there.
But then I've only waited 66 weeks so far so. Will contact dealer today but I don't expect a response anytime soon.

wayne10244
New
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:02 pm
Drives: Polo GTI +
Location: Wales Torfaen

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by wayne10244 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:02 am

It was not so bad for wait as my Audi was written off in January and ordered my car in February this year. As I contacted a dealer and they had a look on the system for me and there was one in the same spec that I wanted already had ordered with factory so paid my deposit for it.

Surface36
Getting There!
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:29 pm
Drives: SEL115 on order
Location: RCT

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by Surface36 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:12 pm

Chris001 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:51 am
Morning All,

Pleasantly surprised today to walk in to a email from my VW dealership to tell me my car was shipped yesterday and is arriving in Sheerness today..... so there may be hope Surface36.

So just for anyone tracking timelines:

2018
20/01/18 - GTi+ Ordered
31/01/18 - Order with factory

2019
12/01/19 - Stage 3: Build Week Confirmed for W.C 04/03/19
07/03/19 - Stage 5a: In transit
04/04/19 - Stage 5b: Arrived in Emden awaiting a ship
18/04/19 - No notification (yet) via tracker but email from dealership saying will arrive in UK today.
Thanks Chris
just got a call that my SEL is on a ship................The Malacca had already left for Emben so I don't know if it was on the one that had already arrived or the next one due out from Emden tomorow
At least it is moving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No tracker update or text tho

MattHGR
Bronze Member
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:22 pm
Drives: GTI+
Location: GB

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by MattHGR » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:10 pm

EMS Highway going from Emden to Grimsby. Fingers crossed, but seems a bit soon since a trip from Emden to Grimsby was only done the other day.

Post Reply