Head unit - CarPlay/mirrorlink

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Dink
Platinum Member
Posts: 1023
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:04 am
Drives: 2015 GTI
Location: Cwmbran, South wales

Re: Head unit - CarPlay/mirrorlink

Post by Dink » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:11 am

Nathan14 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:35 pm
I have a 2014 polo 6c and found this page. Really need carplay installed in my car

Ive gathered i need to buy 3q0035842b.
Whats next, how do i find someone who has access to wv main dealer software and what exactly am i asking them to do?

Thanks in advanced
removal of component protection (CP) would be first thing required.

a local vw retrofit place should be able to do it, even a local vw dealer could do it but they could be arsey/funny about it.

once you remove CP they unit will have no features. Main one is you lose BT.

this required me to visit my vw dealer and get them to update the unit SWaP codes so i got all the features back i originally had.

then it's just getting app connect code but i'm still not 100% sure it will accept the code then.

Nathan14
New
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:29 pm
Drives: Polo 6c
Location: Birmingham

Re: Head unit - CarPlay/mirrorlink

Post by Nathan14 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:03 pm

Thanks. Do you know anyone who’s successfully done it in Here?
Sounds like it’s a 50/50 it might work or not 🤔

Dink
Platinum Member
Posts: 1023
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:04 am
Drives: 2015 GTI
Location: Cwmbran, South wales

Re: Head unit - CarPlay/mirrorlink

Post by Dink » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:49 pm

Nathan14 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:03 pm
Thanks. Do you know anyone who’s successfully done it in Here?
Sounds like it’s a 50/50 it might work or not 🤔
Yeah I'm still not sure if the code will take even after the unit change. I'm going to look soon to see if it will take

Segadora
New
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:54 pm
Drives: &C
Location: Danmark

Re: Head unit - CarPlay/mirrorlink

Post by Segadora » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:58 pm

Dink wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:49 pm
Nathan14 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:03 pm
Thanks. Do you know anyone who’s successfully done it in Here?
Sounds like it’s a 50/50 it might work or not 🤔
Yeah I'm still not sure if the code will take even after the unit change. I'm going to look soon to see if it will take
Any update?

Dink
Platinum Member
Posts: 1023
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:04 am
Drives: 2015 GTI
Location: Cwmbran, South wales

Re: Head unit - CarPlay/mirrorlink

Post by Dink » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:42 pm

Segadora wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:58 pm
Dink wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:49 pm


Yeah I'm still not sure if the code will take even after the unit change. I'm going to look soon to see if it will take
Any update?
I've got a clutch, flywheel and lsd to pay for first lol

Segadora
New
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:54 pm
Drives: &C
Location: Danmark

Re: Head unit - CarPlay/mirrorlink

Post by Segadora » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:42 am

Dink wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:42 pm
Segadora wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:58 pm
Dink wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:49 pm


Yeah I'm still not sure if the code will take even after the unit change. I'm going to look soon to see if it will take
Any update?
I've got a clutch, flywheel and lsd to pay for first lol
Well, I might try it out myself in the near future cause I have Odis access, so I'll only pay for the parts

User avatar
simon.wiltshire
New
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:52 am

Re: Head unit - CarPlay/mirrorlink

Post by simon.wiltshire » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:47 pm

Be interested in how you go, im looking to get a Polo 1.2 TSI SE 2015 / 2016 soon, looking at the cars I notice they have MirrorLink but I would like CarPLay so compatable with Iphone. (i know nothing about cars!)

Nathan14
New
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:29 pm
Drives: Polo 6c
Location: Birmingham

Re: Head unit - CarPlay/mirrorlink

Post by Nathan14 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:40 pm

anyone actually been successful in getting carplay on their polo?

Tex
Getting There!
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:44 pm
Drives: Polo 6C 1.2 TSI DSG
Location: Portugal

Re: Head unit - CarPlay/mirrorlink

Post by Tex » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:52 am

If anyone would be willing to go aftermarket, id reccomend the famous RCD330 route, if you go through the MQB RCD 330 route you can get AA and apple car play while retaining car settings, it will cost around 150 to 200 pounds.

Post Reply