IMPORTANT ALL MEMBERS

All members need to read the following page The new General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR)

Failure to read and accept the new privacy policy may result in your account being deleted, so please take a quick read

Cheers

The UK-Polos.NET Admin Team

Wiring lighting for boost gauge

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
cheba
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo R WRC 2014

Re: Wiring lighting for boost gauge

Post by cheba » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:59 pm

ciclo wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:01 pm
For the red wire you can take the power from the fuse box, 12V, +15 signal. :arrow: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2nv91 ... sp=sharing
You must put a mini fuse to supply power to the red wire, for example 2A (gray).

The yellow wire, for example, connected to T10/9 original wire in the red connector for automatic lights (dimmed voltage -58d-). Already protected by the BCM.

In any case you must follow the manufacturer's instructions.
Wouldn't it be possible then to use switched +12V in the lighting harness for the red wire to the gauge? I'm thinking about T4 in Auto switch connector (T1 in small black 2-pole connector). Isn't that also protected by the BCM?

The manufacturers instructions only say to connect red to any switched +12V and yellow to the dimmer switch, without a fuse on any of them... but using fuses sounds like a good idea.

ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R '13

Post by ciclo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:38 am

Don't touch my harness for the automatic lights, NEVER!, I'll be mad with you if you do it. :lol:

Imagine that one day you decide to remove the harness for automatic lights.
What would happen with the boost gauge? :wink:

cheba
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo R WRC 2014

Post by cheba » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:08 pm

ciclo wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:38 am

Don't touch my harness for the automatic lights, NEVER!, I'll be mad with you if you do it. :lol:

Imagine that one day you decide to remove the harness for automatic lights.
What would happen with the boost gauge? :wink:
Well, what would happen is that I would notice that the boost gauge is connected to your harness, and I would just have to move the boost gauge wires to the other side of the connectors before removing your harness from the connectors :D

(Don't worry, I will leave your auto light harness untouched)