Recall - rear seat belt

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: Recall - rear seat belt

Post by monkeyhanger »

Just got my recall letter today. The way it is written suggests this is a newly discovered issue they have addressed straight away. It is clearly labelled as a safety recall on both the envelope and in the letter.

They're leaving themselves wide open for a mis-selling or negligence class-lawsuit, as they were selling cars marketed as having a occupancy of 5, with (in my case, and others here) no advisement at point of sale that full occupancy of the rear seats was unsafe. Recall advisement 6 months and 4200 miles after collection.
Cadwest
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Re: Recall - rear seat belt

Post by Cadwest »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:12 pm Just got my recall letter today. The way it is written suggests this is a newly discovered issue they have addressed straight away. It is clearly labelled as a safety recall on both the envelope and in the letter.

They're leaving themselves wide open for a mis-selling or negligence class-lawsuit, as they were selling cars marketed as having a occupancy of 5, with (in my case, and others here) no advisement at point of sale that full occupancy of the rear seats was unsafe. Recall advisement 6 months and 4200 miles after collection.
Got mine today as well and thought exactly the same. Bought a new Arona for the wife in October and that has already been in and sorted under the recall, VW are becoming as efficient as the old British Leyland.