IMPORTANT ALL MEMBERS

All members need to read the following page The new General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR)

Failure to read and accept the new privacy policy may result in your account being deleted, so please take a quick read

Cheers

The UK-Polos.NET Admin Team

Immobiliser

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
mclanark
New
Drives: Mk5

Immobiliser

Post by mclanark » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:04 am

Hi everyone having probs with imboliser on polo 9n 1.2 2002 had a spare key made up at timpsons and after a while it took a few min fir car to recognises the key ( put the key symbol out on dash)
Now it has stopped working all toghter and the orginal vw key does not work either ( key symbol staying on )
Scan and code says blocked by imboliser
Anyone any ideas
Thanks

iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 1.2 TDI

Re: Immobiliser

Post by iichel » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:33 am

I guess you should re-learn the keys to the immobiliser. Not sure where to do this other than a VW dealer.

mclanark
New
Drives: Mk5

Post by mclanark » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:18 am

Just noticed someone else had a similar post up going to try some off there ideas

RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:20 am

I'm surprised that Timpsons are copying/cloning keys and then these keys cause issues, like I said in the other thread, I just don't know how a cloned key is expected to fit in with an existing key when the car's security system uses rolling key codes and has a separate way to determine which key is being used. I can see that maybe a cloned key can be created and then used instead of the key it was cloned from.