Interior fan speeds

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
johnparker
Getting There!

Interior fan speeds

Post by johnparker »

Hi all
Has anyone else noticed that on the NON climate controlled system, when set to speed no.2 the fan speed varies without intervention?
Adam_013
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo Beats 1.0 95PS

Re: Interior fan speeds

Post by Adam_013 »

johnparker wrote:Hi all
Has anyone else noticed that on the NON climate controlled system, when set to speed no.2 the fan speed varies without intervention?
Yes. This is due to smart charging fitted for the start/stop system. You'll notice when you let off the throttle the fan speed increases and then decreases as you accelerate again.

Its posted somewhere else around here.

You'll probably notice that the wiper speed changes too.

I find it really annoying, especially if you have the radio off.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

No, not noticed this at all.
Not saying it doesn't happen on mine, just haven't noticed.
Once the windscreen is clear in the morning, I tend to move the vent control onto the 9 o'clock position to cut down on noise.
So that + the stereo means I've not noticed.
Wakatuki
New
Drives: Polo 110 R DSG

Post by Wakatuki »

Hi, my 2020 Polo R-Line with non climate has started doing exactly the same after its first service, the air con seems to have become less efficient too.

Did you ever get a VW answer? Does it still happen?
Polo72
New
Drives: Polo Life 1.0 Tsi

Post by Polo72 »

I’ve noticed this on my 72 plate already and it’s only done 100 miles. I’m gonna pop it back to my local dealer today see what they say. Are we reckoning this is normal due to the smart charge system ?

Thanks
Tom
Harrihealey02
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 SEL

Post by Harrihealey02 »

It is indeed the smart charging system. Due to start stop systems in new cars, the batteries are much more reliant on and soo vehicle maker have tried to charge ya batteries as much as possible and the best time for that is when cruising down with no acceleration, braking and engine braking. When accelerating the car reduces demand on the alternator so the engine has less resistance to get up to the speed it wants - this causes the reduced charge level to the battery and makes any electrical system slower. I am not sure if it is a direct result of the alternator or an intelligent software limitation to the electrics but it is normal.
Polo72
New
Drives: Polo Life 1.0 Tsi

Post by Polo72 »

Yeah spoke with dealer and technician said they get asked this question all the time other models do it as well it’s todo with the smart charge system and voltage change or something on them lines. So I guess it’s just live with it.