Lowering springs

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Dube
New
Drives: 2018 GTI

Re: Lowering springs

Post by Dube »

Yes I fitted them at Boksburg, with the supplier. They can’t seem to have the solution to my damper error issue.
green justin
Bronze Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI

Post by green justin »

Wow these guys have done quite a few Polo AW cars. Bad mechanic on the day I guess.

As the other user said.

Check the connectors and wiring to all the Shock Absorbers,electrical wire changes the shock firmness settings for normal to sport.

Private message sent.
peter007
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 2018

Post by peter007 »

Looks awesome on H&Rs but ride is quite hard :)

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
Polovivo
Getting There!
Drives: TSi AW / GTi AW

Post by Polovivo »

Dube wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:48 pm Yes I fitted them at Boksburg, with the supplier. They can’t seem to have the solution to my damper error issue.
Strange.

Probably a faulty damper.
Try one of the more popular dealerships that are rated good for servicing.
Polovivo
Getting There!
Drives: TSi AW / GTi AW

Post by Polovivo »

green justin wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:56 pm
Dube wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:41 am Folks, I just fitted my POLO GTI 2018 model with H&R lowering springs and H&R Wheel spacers (15 on the back and 12mm on the front). After the fitment now I hav a error on my car damper sensor/ error appears on my car. None of the VW technician can help me.

You should have it fitted at H&R South Africa in Boksburg.They the importers for H&R. They race in the Polo CUP on the weekends

I am two mind about H&R and Eibach, I would love to get a feel on how firm the springs are.
Ride is much harder than the Eibach and I think that the H&R's sit a tad lower.
Ride in a GTi is already stiff if I compare to my RLine which is also lowered on 19's.
green justin
Bronze Member

Post by green justin »

I drove a Polo GTI with H&R springs and I must say the drive was smooth. Smoother over minor imperfections on the road where the Standard suspension would make you feel it. Bigger bumps are similar or smoother then Standard Suspension.
I was expecting worse.
LeebzP
New
Drives: 1.0 TSI R-Line - Energetic Orange

Post by LeebzP »

I am considering H&R or Eilbach lowering springs and some wheel spacers for my R-Line. Those who have them installed, how is the ride quality? Is it adversely affected?
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by l3rady »

When fitting lowering springs has anyone adjusted their drop links?

Racing line sell adjustable ones listed for polo AW model: https://www.racingline.com/droplinks

According to the marketing spiel, they would have you believe that they are needed for lowered suspension.

But at £200 retail that seems like a lot of money, they are more than the cost of some lowering springs.
RS250PS
New
Drives: 1.0 115ps mk6

Post by RS250PS »

I am interested in fitting lowering springs to my 1.0 115ps polo, too! I am thinking of buying the Eibach Sportline 40mm drop kit. Has anyone tried those springs? Also, do you think that not changing the manufacturer's suspension, is gonna be a problem? One more question, does every model of Polo have that sensor, that alignes the headlights?
Stuart_Rendall
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Stuart_Rendall »

RS250PS wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:10 pm I am interested in fitting lowering springs to my 1.0 115ps polo, too! I am thinking of buying the Eibach Sportline 40mm drop kit. Has anyone tried those springs? Also, do you think that not changing the manufacturer's suspension, is gonna be a problem? One more question, does every model of Polo have that sensor, that alignes the headlights?
I believe that is only if you have the LED lights, as the halogen lights are manual and have a toggle next to the steering wheel on the side of the dash.
Daendro
New
Drives: 1.0 tsi 115hp

Post by Daendro »

RS250PS wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:10 pm I am interested in fitting lowering springs to my 1.0 115ps polo, too! I am thinking of buying the Eibach Sportline 40mm drop kit. Has anyone tried those springs? Also, do you think that not changing the manufacturer's suspension, is gonna be a problem? One more question, does every model of Polo have that sensor, that alignes the headlights?
I have Eibach pro kit (30 - 35mm) for over a year now and they are great. Wanted to install sportline kit but the company that installed my pro kit told me that I should buy aftermarket suspension or stiffen the original one if I were to install sportline kit. That's why I just went with pro kit and it looks just right.
RS250PS
New

Post by RS250PS »

Daendro wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:54 pm
I have Eibach pro kit (30 - 35mm) for over a year now and they are great. Wanted to install sportline kit but the company that installed my pro kit told me that I should buy aftermarket suspension or stiffen the original one if I were to install sportline kit. That's why I just went with pro kit and it looks just right.
Oh nice! Thank you for your opinion! So, now I am looking for the pro kit, because I don't want to change the suspension and sacrifice comfort! Did you use spacers or it wasn't that bad looking?
green justin
Bronze Member

Post by green justin »

I got the pro-kit on the Polo GTI, I cannot comment on how the Sportline is too drive but the Pro-kit on the GTI is abit firmer but it looks awesome. I have wheel spacers too, that is a must!

On the normal Polo it should be great!
Mine looks very close to having coilovers on!

FYI
The Pro-kit is a linear front and progressive rear spring.

The Sportline is progressive front and rear.
Daendro
New
Drives: 1.0 tsi 115hp

Post by Daendro »

RS250PS wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:10 pm
Oh nice! Thank you for your opinion! So, now I am looking for the pro kit, because I don't want to change the suspension and sacrifice comfort! Did you use spacers or it wasn't that bad looking?
I don't have wheel spacers, bought new rims17 x 7,5 et45 i believe. Attached a photo of mine vs stock suspension.
Attachments
20200216_154852~2.jpg
20200216_154852~2.jpg (2.2 MiB) Viewed 2839 times
RS250PS
New

Post by RS250PS »

Daendro wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:08 pm
RS250PS wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:10 pm

I don't have wheel spacers, bought new rims17 x 7,5 et45 i believe. Attached a photo of mine vs stock suspension.
It looks awesome! The difference is visible! Thank you again for your response!