RON - 1.0 litre turbo Polo ?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
giannis159
Getting There!
Drives: polo aw Rline 1.0 115ps

Re: RON - 1.0 litre turbo Polo ?

Post by giannis159 »

Yeah i get it but i have checked twice and i observed that from 100 to 95 in the beginning its almost the same but when the car understand the difference and make the adjustments all is different tthe feeling of the power and of course the consumption. This takes on 3/4 of 5he tank. If better fuel is better for my engine especially in the summertime where we have 40°C ok i can afford it. But it's worth it or not. Thanks for your answer my friend.

Στάλθηκε από το MI 8 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

pkaps
New
Drives: 2018 1.0 tsi 115 hp dsg

Post by pkaps »

make no mistake, new VW tsi engines, due to high compression, run only on premium, i.e., Racing 100 Shell and not on normal unleaded. If you use normal unleaded you are guaranteed knocking under load, harsh, noisy engine and slightly worse fuel consumption. This is an undisputed fact, at least here in Greece. My car is an mk6 Polo 1.0 tsi 115 hp dsg and it sucks as I have to pay an extra 25-30 cents per lt for 100 octane unleaded. Not all 100 octane fuels are the same, the only true 100 octane is the Shell Racing, other 100 octane fuels here, BP etc, are just regular unleaded with additives which should not be considered premium as my Polo was still pinging under load when used them. Have used 98 unleaded too but with same results as with 95 unleaded. Sadly only with 100 octane Shell Racing fuel satisfies my Polo, so before buying you should also consider the extra cost of premium fuel required, something that no salesman will tell you for obvious reasons.
Jurki
New
Drives: 2018 1.0 TSI 95hp

Post by Jurki »

I cant seem to be able to understand how RON to Octane convertion works. I tuned my 1.0 Polo with APR for 95RON
But tuner recommends I only use 100 octane. Doesnt make much sense to me. Isnt 95 Octane the equivalent of 95 RON ?
Also Ive been using 100 Octane prior to Tune. Does that affect tuning as tuner gone for the 95 RON option which gives 135 hp?