9n head unit swap

Discuss In Car Entertainment
littlepolo
Gold Member

9n head unit swap

Post by littlepolo »

I'm searching for a single DIN unit to swap out the original tape deck on my 2002 Polo. Considering one of the MechLess units (i.e. no CD player) with Bluetooth, SDCard, MP3, phone support, etc. Any suggestions please for a product that can quickly and easily be installed?

Basically I want to be able to play content from my phones (Android and iPhone). It seems that an app will be required (e.g. from Sony, JVC, etc.) to be able to do the this. Also would like to make handsfree calls, and have DAB. Not keen with messing around with wiring other than a plug-in adapter if needed. I'm OK to run wires for a handsfree mic and DAB antenna. Any suggestions where to place the DAB antenna? I have a dual dash cam cable running along the offside headlining and I understand that other users remarked it can interfere with DAB.
littlepolo
Gold Member

Re: 9n head unit swap

Post by littlepolo »

I read that the OEM stereo provides power to the "bee sting" antenna on the roof. Does anyone have experience in powering the antenna after swapping the stereo for a non-OEM unit?
LeonSymnz
New
Drives: 9n3

Post by LeonSymnz »

littlepolo wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 11:03 am I read that the OEM stereo provides power to the "bee sting" antenna on the roof. Does anyone have experience in powering the antenna after swapping the stereo for a non-OEM unit?
On my 9n3, the double din pioneer came with a converter / adapter for it. FM works fine. You'll obviously need a DAB ariel
littlepolo
Gold Member

Post by littlepolo »

Has anyone replaced the roof antenna with an external/roof mounted DAB antenna? Just wondering how easy it is to route the wires through the headlining, down the screen, etc.