NSFW top mount bearing

Chat about your 2018+ AW model Polos here!
Kammy88
New
Drives: polo gti plus

NSFW top mount bearing

Post by Kammy88 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:52 am

Hi all just picked up my polo GTI plus from VW. Took it in for a creaking noise....no we cant find it. Boyfriend got on the phone and basically diagnosed the fault to them. They called back later on and said "oh your nsf top mount was loose, looks like it wasnt fitted properly"
So that's nice of you VW, no fault to fairly serious fault :|

Anyone else had this problem? Iv only had it 4 months.

Griff74
Bronze Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Re: NSFW top mount bearing

Post by Griff74 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:43 am

What sort of noise was it making? Mine has been making a strange noise since I picked it up which has yet to be diagnosed, tbf I have only given the one chance to look at it and am waiting until I have some time off work to take it back in. My noise sounds more like a wheel bearing which stops when you touch the brakes so I doubt it's a top mount.

Steve_2019
New
Drives: VW Polo 2019

Post by Steve_2019 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:26 pm

With VW behind with orders bet they have ramped up the speed of the production line so the workers are rushing and not been able to make sure doing there jobs correctly.

Having saying that the quality control should be picking faults up.

chris.tayler
New

Post by chris.tayler » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:22 pm

So I had a saga a couple of months ago which involved them replacing the top mounts which reduced a creaking/squeaking noise but did not eliminate. In the end they took all the front components apart and greased them, problem solved. Been nice and quiet since.

broberty
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by broberty » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:46 am

Pretty sure I have the same issue, almost sounds like a knocking noise but get the occasional creak. More pronounced when turning one way. I called to book it in, but the earliest appointment was 4 weeks away and I couldn't commit. Putting up with it for now