polo gti 2.0 tsi noise from wastegate?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
delisgti
New
Drives: polo gti 2.0 tsi

polo gti 2.0 tsi noise from wastegate?

Post by delisgti »

goodevening...before 4 months i bought my new car (polo gti 2.0 tsi manual) i have one question
when I leave the throttle between 2.000rpm and over I hear a sound like metal. the noise its very strong between 2.000 rpm and 3.000 rpm when i have the windows open. if anyone has any opinion???Thanks in advance
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: polo gti 2.0 tsi noise from wastegate?

Post by RUM4MO »

I think that VW Group has or should have a "continuous improvement program" running on issues like that as waste gate linkage chatter/rattle is a well known issue for VW Group engines.

Edit:- I should really get round to checking which iteration has been fitted to my wife's 2015 1.2TSI engine, then consider selecting a different/better version although VW Group never seem to make this disappear, just a feature of all TSI engines.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

No Watergate rattle in either of my 2 GTI+, although it was an issue (and characteristic noise) on my Golf R - sounded like someone was grinding an axe outside the car.
delisgti
New
Drives: polo gti 2.0 tsi

Post by delisgti »

monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:36 pm No Watergate rattle in either of my 2 GTI+, although it was an issue (and characteristic noise) on my Golf R - sounded like someone was grinding an axe outside the car.
i think its the same noise ....the vw said me the noise its normal because i have the electric wastegate from the continental raxx turbo ...
Ceejay
New
Drives: Polo gti 2019

Post by Ceejay »

Old thread revival but since I bought my polo gti from vw approved used 19 plate 10k miles I have the same rattle/buzz sound when decelerating vw checked it out and guess what no fault found I was convinced it was the under the car but sounds more like the engine bay very noticeable with window down and worse when cold the waste gate does feel a tad loose any one else had this issue :?: