Reversing issue

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
proalves
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI AW1 2019

Re: Reversing issue

Post by proalves »

The same thing happened to me when leaving the garage and reversing, out of nowhere the car blocked and a red warning appeared on the active info display, I couldn't read what it said were seconds "I was worried if I hadn't damaged the car". :x

From the camera I saw no obstacle but as my cat appeared in front of the car I always assumed that it was he who had triggered the braking.

My Polo GTI has manual gearbox, so I also confirm that it works the same way as the DSG.
skipster
Silver Member
Drives: 2010 GTI

Post by skipster »

Old thread I appreciate and this is on my Golf GTI MK7.5 MY2020 (DSG). Had parked under some trees on a field, when I came to back out, started inching out as there was a small tree to my left. Suddenly the car jammed on its anchors so abruptly I was convinced I had hit the tree! My heart skipped a beat and I got out of the car fearing the worse, but to my relief, no mark whatsoever.

I really thought I had hit the tree, but I am sure if I had, the halt would have been much louder and more sudden than the brakes jamming on.

I love my car, but this auto-braking has caught me out a few times now unawares and it really shakes you up.
MattHGR
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI+

Post by MattHGR »

I've only had it once in reverse and to be fair I did not see the knee high post in any mirrors (not my proudest moment). The auto brakes saved me a hefty bill!

On the flip side, I've had it happen on multiple occasions in traffic crawling at 4 or so miles per hour. the parking sensors saw something that was very close at the front, and it would hit the brakes (probably a leaf or small debris who knows). Very dangerous considering there's a whole line of traffic crawling behind me too!