Clive's new Polo

Chat about your 2018+ AW model Polos here!
User avatar
POLO Clive
Bronze Member
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:56 am
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS
Location: North Yorkshire

Clive's new Polo

Post by POLO Clive » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:24 pm

Just thought I'd start this as a record of my new Polo and my order as it progresses through the system, I'll update it as time goes by.

Vehicle : Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS 6-speed manual in Pure White with 17" Silver Pamplona wheels.
Extras : Winter pack, Cruise control, Rear-view camera, Tinted glass.

11-10-2019 - Stage 1 - Ordered - (day 1)
06-11-2019 - Stage 2 - With the Factory - (day 26)
19-11-2019 - Stage 3 - Build week confirmed (Wk4) - (day 39)
20-01-2020 - Stage 4 - Build in progress - (day 101)
24-01-2020 - Stage 5a - In Transit, left the factory for Port Elizabeth - (day 105)
01-02-2020 - Left Port Elizabeth on the ship RCC EUROPE, heading for Durban - (day 113)
08-02-2020 - Left Durban heading for Bremerhaven - (day 120)
27-02-2020 - Stage 5b - In transit, arrived at Emden (via Bremerhaven) awaiting transport to UK - (day 139)
01-03-2020 - Stage 5c - In transit, on it's way to UK - (day 142)
05-03-2020 - Stage 6 - Arrived in the UK - (day 146)
11-03-2020 - Stage 7 - Arrived at the Dealer - (day 152)
13-03-2020 - Picked up from Dealer - (day 154 = 22 weeks)
Last edited by POLO Clive on Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:16 pm, edited 14 times in total.

silverhairs
Gold Member
Posts: 658
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 1:15 pm
Drives: Waiting to purchase soon
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Clive's new Polo

Post by silverhairs » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:57 am

POLO Clive wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:24 pm
Just thought I'd start this as a record of my new Polo and my order as it progresses through the system, I'll update it as time goes by.

Vehicle : Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS 6-speed manual in Pure White with 17" Silver Pamplona wheels.
Extras : Winter pack, Cruise control, Rear-view camera, Tinted glass.

Ordered on 11-10-2019
With the Factory on 06-11-2019
Build week confirmed (Wk4) on 19-11-2019
Build in progress on
Do you mean adaptive cruise control, I thought cruise control was standard fit?

silverhairs
Gold Member
Posts: 658
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 1:15 pm
Drives: Waiting to purchase soon
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Clive's new Polo

Post by silverhairs » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:03 pm

silverhairs wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:57 am
POLO Clive wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:24 pm
Just thought I'd start this as a record of my new Polo and my order as it progresses through the system, I'll update it as time goes by.

Vehicle : Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS 6-speed manual in Pure White with 17" Silver Pamplona wheels.
Extras : Winter pack, Cruise control, Rear-view camera, Tinted glass.

Ordered on 11-10-2019
With the Factory on 06-11-2019
Build week confirmed (Wk4) on 19-11-2019
Build in progress on
Do you mean adaptive cruise control, I thought cruise control was standard fit?
I also had the adaptive cruise and the rear view camera, I like both of them. I'm looking for another car, but ACC and rear view camera have to be on my must have list!

User avatar
POLO Clive
Bronze Member
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:56 am
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS
Location: North Yorkshire

Re: Clive's new Polo

Post by POLO Clive » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:14 pm

silverhairs wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:57 am
Do you mean adaptive cruise control, I thought cruise control was standard fit?
No, not the adaptive, just normal cruise control, I don't think cruise control is standard on any model, speed limiter is, but not cruise.

silverhairs
Gold Member
Posts: 658
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 1:15 pm
Drives: Waiting to purchase soon
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Clive's new Polo

Post by silverhairs » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:03 pm

I really thought The SEL did come with normal cruise and limit? But I did want the adaptive and added it.

User avatar
POLO Clive
Bronze Member
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:56 am
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS
Location: North Yorkshire

Re: Clive's new Polo

Post by POLO Clive » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:30 pm

silverhairs wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:03 pm
I really thought The SEL did come with normal cruise and limit? But I did want the adaptive and added it.
Nahhh, it's not listed on the 'Standard equipment' list, but it is in the options list at £285, so that's what I specced/bought. The ACC it listed at £610, but I only wanted the standard CC.

User avatar
POLO Clive
Bronze Member
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:56 am
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS
Location: North Yorkshire

Re: Clive's new Polo

Post by POLO Clive » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:54 pm

silverhairs wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:03 pm
I really thought The SEL did come with normal cruise and limit? But I did want the adaptive and added it.
Also worth noting if you want ACC, it's only available on SEL and above, you can't have it on S, SE or Beats.

User avatar
POLO Clive
Bronze Member
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:56 am
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS
Location: North Yorkshire

Re: Clive's new Polo

Post by POLO Clive » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:13 am

Post 1 updated, my car is now built and left the factory :D

skipster
Silver Member
Posts: 366
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:14 pm
Drives: 2010 GTI

Re: Clive's new Polo

Post by skipster » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:41 pm

POLO Clive wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:13 am
Post 1 updated, my car is now built and left the factory :D
I look forward to hearing your views on this model Polo Clive, the 115PS model ‘R-Line’ is under our consideration for future!

User avatar
POLO Clive
Bronze Member
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:56 am
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS
Location: North Yorkshire

Re: Clive's new Polo

Post by POLO Clive » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:14 am

Just received text and email, on it's way to UK now :D :) 8) :P 8) :) :D

User avatar
POLO Clive
Bronze Member
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:56 am
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS
Location: North Yorkshire

Re: Clive's new Polo

Post by POLO Clive » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:35 am

Now in the UK, not long to go now :wink:

User avatar
POLO Clive
Bronze Member
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:56 am
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS
Location: North Yorkshire

Re: Clive's new Polo

Post by POLO Clive » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:11 am

Arrived at Dealer today, pick up on Friday all being well :P :P :P :P :P

stevereeves
Silver Member
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:07 pm
Drives: VW Golf 1.4TSi Match Edition 2016
Location: West Yorkshire, UK

Re: Clive's new Polo

Post by stevereeves » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:59 pm

Yeehaw, no sleep til Friday then :D ....

User avatar
POLO Clive
Bronze Member
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:56 am
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS
Location: North Yorkshire

Re: Clive's new Polo

Post by POLO Clive » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:17 pm

stevereeves wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:59 pm
Yeehaw, no sleep til Friday then :D ....
I know mate, it'll be exactly 22 weeks since I walked into the showroom and ordered it :wink:

User avatar
POLO Clive
Bronze Member
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:56 am
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS
Location: North Yorkshire

Re: Clive's new Polo

Post by POLO Clive » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:17 pm

Got it :P :D :) 8) :lol: :P :lol: 8) :) :D :P

Post Reply