Polo GTI AW Racingline Stage 3 Expectations

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Darren147
New
Drives: Polo GTI AW 2019 GPF

Polo GTI AW Racingline Stage 3 Expectations

Post by Darren147 »

https://www.racingline.com/vw-polo-aw-categories
Racingline are slowly releasing parts for the Polo GTI AW, hopefully soon they will release a stage 1 and 2 tune. https://www.racingline.com/arteon-passat-software
So for the time being this is pure speculation. I noticed on the racingline site that the Passat B8 and Arteon share the same TSI engine and turbo as the Polo GTI AW (EA888.3b + IS20) but as you can see the Passat and Arteon are more powerful from stock. I know many other factors come into play when figuring out what the Polo is capable of. For example I don't think we will be seeing anywhere near 319ps from a stage 1 Polo with a stock intercooler, that would be nuts. So I was just wondering what anyone else though about this and what sort of figures we can anticipate from a stage 3 polo?
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: Polo GTI AW Racingline Stage 3 Expectations

Post by monkeyhanger »

Going stage 3 on a relatively cheap car like a Polo will be absolutely nuts.

Stage 1 is basically a remap and maybe a few very cheap mods for maybe £600 tops to get 240-270ps Very cost effective.

Stage 2 will cost you maybe £8000 to get to 300ps, new intercooler, new turbo, updated brakes, injectors etc.

Stage 3 will cost you maybe £13000 all in to get to 350ps, which is just nuts for FWD cars - you'll put your foot down in 3rd and spin up the front wheels.

If you're going to buy a £23k Polo and spend £13k getting to stage 3, why not just buy a Golf R and remap it for the same money? It's got 4WD to put that power down, it will also be far more stable and capable when you put your foot down.

By all means do a remap, but going stage 2 or 3 makes no sense at all for a Polo.

Are you sure the Arteon and Passat have EA888 3b in higher outputs? The 190ps 2.0TSI is 3b, but I suspect the top end 272ps in the Arteon is the EA113 unit you see in the MK7 Golf CS/CSS/TCR/R, Leon Cupra and Audi S3.
Seano569
New
Drives: Polo gti aw

Post by Seano569 »

Not sure how hes worked out £13000 for a stage 3? Im looking at under half that…
And £8000 for a stage 2? I dont think so. Someone needs to look at some figures before they start slating someones idea😂
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

For Stage 1 I see Revo have their software available finally:
https://www.onlyrevo.com/product-detail ... 24/stage-1