Change the speed at which steering assist is lowered or increased.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
mirceaculita
Silver Member
Drives: 6R 1.2TDI 75hp

Change the speed at which steering assist is lowered or increased.

Post by mirceaculita »

Hello,
I have a 2012 Polo 1.2tdi. I asked a buddy that has a vcds cable to come and help me for a couple of hours to activate some stuff and change the steering weight because it was very heavy. We went into the steering assist and the car was on the 30 setting. Changed it to 50 which said it was "light vehicle with increased assist at lower speeds". While it does work and the steering is light at lower speeds, the range is narrow. It feels like the steering only gets light while under 15-20kph or something and I wanted to have light steering during in-town drives. Also if I'm stationary or going very very slow the steering is still pretty heavy. It just feels weird.

Now for the question. Is there a way to adjust the assist to get light or heavy at a certain speed
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Change the speed at which steering assist is lowered or increased.

Post by iichel »

No with this TRW electro hydraulic system you're limited to the options that are displayed in VCDS, from GTI to fully handicapped.
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by amer6R »

I use GTI steering coding, feels a bit to light for my taste. Dont know why you would want it any lighter. Did you check the fluid level of your pump, maybe bleed it?
mirceaculita
Silver Member
Drives: 6R 1.2TDI 75hp

Post by mirceaculita »

amer6R wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:02 pm I use GTI steering coding, feels a bit to light for my taste. Dont know why you would want it any lighter. Did you check the fluid level of your pump, maybe bleed it?
Yeah it's all fine. From what I understand the settings differ in weight depending on the engine. The gti steering is nice and heavy at high speeds but I feel like im doing arms workout at the gym trying to park lol. I'm just going through the settings and trying to see which is best for me.