Problem dealership - CarPlay issues

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Electragay
New
Drives: 18 1.0 r line

Problem dealership - CarPlay issues

Post by Electragay »

Hi all

I’m having an absolute nightmare with my dealership.
I’ve got a 68plate r line still under warranty til nov 21.

If I connect my phone via cable my calls cut out on car play after around a minute. They either go mute or a horrendously loud noise plays. If I quickly unplug the phone it’s switched to Bluetooth and I can continue the call, similarly if I put my airpods in.

It’s been back to the dealership multiple times, but they’ve know informed my it’s a known issue and I need to switch my phone to android for it to work properly.

I’ve reset the system, tried both USB’s, 3 different phones, multiple genuine cables but still no luck.

Anyone experienced similar issue or is the garage fobbing me off??
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Re: Problem dealership - CarPlay issues

Post by Leif »

See my thread. I have a similar issue, 18 plate Polo, my iPhone 7 no longer works with CarPlay. It connects, then after 5-10 seconds it disconnects. I assumed it was my iPhone’s lightning socket, but after reading your post I am not so sure. This started happening a few days ago. Before then I’d sometimes get a loud noise, sometimes it would refuse to connect, sometimes the ICE system would reboot of its own accord. Sometimes I couldn’t turn the radio off, even with the keys out, a tad embarrassing.

I will see if I can find someone with an iPhone to try in my car, hopefully it will work, and it is my phone at fault.
Electragay
New
Drives: 18 1.0 r line

Re: Problem dealership - CarPlay issues

Post by Electragay »

I have an iPhone 12 and an iPhone 8 and it kicks both off when on a call. I get this unbearable noise out the speakers, so I generally pull the cable out and wait for the Bluetooth to reconnect to finish my call. Downside is I then have no navigation as I rely on google maps. My Beadles dealership has been appalling, to the point that I wouldn’t buy another VW tbh.