Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
OfficialUmey
New
Drives: .

Post by OfficialUmey »

Last edited by OfficialUmey on Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: 6R Polo - A/C Recirculation Motor Noise

Post by iichel »

Well, the first question would be... does it recirculate?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: 6R Polo - A/C Recirculation Motor Noise

Post by RUM4MO »

Is the recirculating flap motor not a bit more involved than just a flap that opens or closes off the incoming fresh air. The reason I'm saying that is, when the recirc flap motor failed on my 2000 VW Passat 4Motion, the general air distribution was upset - and that lead to Hi temperature not delivering as much hot air as before and also the Lo temperature air never getting as cold as it normally was - I came to the conclusion, without ever looking at a recirc flap motor assembly in position, that it operated 2 flaps, and losing the correct movement on both flaps did unset the air distribution.
2fast4ya
Getting There!
Drives: polo 1.8 tsi gti bluetec

Re: ‎

Post by 2fast4ya »

I know this is an old post but can hou help with this issue , the motor is done & ive ordered a new one but causious about fitting it as i cant remember what position the flaps were in , do the flaps need to be one open & one shut ? Or both open or both shut?
Do the white cogs need to be positioned facing same direction or opposite to each other?
As they run off one cog on the motor.
Any ideas would be gratefully recieved thanks.