Polo GT TSI 6R IND 2018 (Panda)

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
patil
Silver Member
Drives: Polo6r/1.2TSI/DSG7, T-roc'20 1.5TSI/DSG7

Re: Polo GT TSI 6R IND 2018 (Panda)

Post by patil »

Ok let me explain in simplest possible way for you to understand.

The positive wire for both glove box light and boot light should be same. You can tap positive line from dome light t3/2 (red/black wire) or also from footwell light positive wire. Later will be easier to tap.

The ground wire connection for glovebox light and boot light are different.

Glovebox ground wire :arrow: connect to any nearby ground point.

Boot light ground wire should be connected to boot lock ground wire. There is a beige colour t5 connector behind left tail light. Have a look, usually t5/3 wire (violet/purple) is where we need to connect boot light ground wire. Verify before splicing the wire or take a picture and post here.

Don't touch any wires of BCM :!:
PandaGTTSI
New
Drives: 6R 1.2 TSI MY2018

Re: Polo GT TSI 6R IND 2018 (Panda)

Post by PandaGTTSI »

Hi Patil,
Yes, I don't plan to touch any of the BCM wires :lol: That would be a dangerous territory.
My plan is to take the positive for both (Glove Box & boot) Lamps from the Dome light (T3/2) line you mentioned and ground separately. For Glove Box, I'll take any nearby point but for the Boot, I plan to take from the Boot Switch (T4/2) so that I can code in VCDS for only Boot Lamp to operate on opening the Boot Door and not the Dome light. I don't want to splice any wires so will use connectors and create fresh Harness.
I was wondering if you could help me identify the right connectors and the wire that I should use.
Do you think you could help me source the correct WRMs and Heated function ORVMs?
Thank you!