Remap 2018 Polo Beats 95

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
RichieCUK1986
New
Drives: GT Blue

Remap 2018 Polo Beats 95

Post by RichieCUK1986 »

So I currently own a 16 plate Polo Blue GT and I love it. But I was thinking of getting one of the new shape polos as I love their look. Only problem is they don't have the same oomph as my 148 brake Blue GT. I've looked on some remapping sites and they appear to claim you can remap a 2018 Polo 95 up to 130 break and increased torque as well.

Now remapping is something I know about so I'm looking for advice. Is it a good idea to get a remap? What are the potential problems I could face?

I just wish there was a new shape polo with an engineer like the one in the blue GT.

So yeahs that's what I'm thinking. Looking for some informative opinions.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: Remap 2018 Polo Beats 95

Post by monkeyhanger »

The GTI engine can be very economical if you don't drive like a nutter. Sat on the motorway maintaining 70/80mph will get you 53/45mpg on a decent run, and I rarely got under 35mpg.

If you're going to remap a 1.0TSI, you might as well buy the 115ps unit and get a 6 speed manual or 7 speed DSG for better economy than the 5 speed manual the 95ps variant has.

Of course, you'd be binning your warranty if you remap and have drivetrain issues.
RichieCUK1986
New

Post by RichieCUK1986 »

Thank you for the advice.

I think I may test drive at 115 1 litre polo to see how I find it. I don't want to speed I just like to get up to speed really.

I do love the GTI but it may be a bit to expensive for my budget.
Noonoo632
Getting There!
Drives: 2020 polo sel 115ps

Post by Noonoo632 »

RichieCUK1986 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:47 pm Thank you for the advice.

I think I may test drive at 115 1 litre polo to see how I find it. I don't want to speed I just like to get up to speed really.

I have the 115 sel Polo and find it really responsive having come from a Leon with 140ps. I find I have to use the gears a bit more for hills/inclines but once you get used to it it's fine. I believe the new ones are now 110ps? which shouldn't make that much of a difference.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

You might surprise yourself. The GTI+ has a higher RRP, but better residuals (% of RRP).

The difference might mean having an SEL with maybe 40% of RRP GFV after 3 years vs a GTI+ 50% of RRP GFV at 3 years old. The monthlies difference will be nowhere near what the RRP differences would suggest, and if you're a young driver with other.much NCD, having ACC really helps with the insurance premiums (as the ACC sensor is deemed to really help avoid going into the car in front).
Noonoo632
Getting There!

Post by Noonoo632 »

This is a crazy crazy world we are living in. I paid just over £18k with discount for my car in March 2019 and have just put in for a valuation on Motorway and have been offered £17900 and £17200 from WBAC.
My dealer has also just sent me a text saying we really want to buy your car and no car purchase is necessary. 🤔🤔🤔What to do!!!
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Noonoo632 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:32 pm This is a crazy crazy world we are living in. I paid just over £18k with discount for my car in March 2019 and have just put in for a valuation on Motorway and have been offered £17900 and £17200 from WBAC.
My dealer has also just sent me a text saying we really want to buy your car and no car purchase is necessary. 🤔🤔🤔What to do!!!
Yes, used car prices are crazy just now - caused by the impact that the worldwide semiconductor (computer chip) shortage and Covid are having on new car production, meaning fewer new cars are being built. It’s not just VW that’s affected; it’s pretty much all car manufacturers. The simple dynamics of supply and demand have created these crazy used car values; an increased demand for good, used cars + low supply with dealers not being able to replace the used cars they’re selling = higher prices.

Anyone who has another car they can use if they’re considering selling are in a good position to take advantage of the current inflated used car values. However, anyone planning on replacing their car another new car or nearly new car needs to bear in mind;
  • very few new cars in stock at dealers, so that might make it difficult to find a new replacement. If it is possible to find an in-stock new car that fits a person’s requirements, they’ll probably find the dealer is unwilling to offer much - if any - discount off the price. Some new cars are being advertised by dealers at more than list price, as they’re unable to get replacement stock for the cars they sell.
  • Ordering a new factory build is likely to mean a very long wait - waiting times of over a year have been quoted by forum members over on golfgtiforum.co.uk for a new Golf GTI.
  • Buying a nearly new car will mean almost certainly mean paying a premium price.
My car’s just over a year old and WBAC are indicating they’d pay me more than I paid for my car last year. I’m not planning on selling it though as I’d either have to pay top dollar for another car or be in for a very long wait - or both.
Noonoo632
Getting There!

Post by Noonoo632 »

I have done 5500 miles in my car from new and am now wondering whether to sell it at a premium and buy a good quality 2 to 3 year old second hand car with low miles, there are a good few at second hand car lots around about!!!
RichieCUK1986
New

Post by RichieCUK1986 »

Noonoo632 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:22 pm

I have the 115 sel Polo and find it really responsive having come from a Leon with 140ps. I find I have to use the gears a bit more for hills/inclines but once you get used to it it's fine. I believe the new ones are now 110ps? which shouldn't make that much of a difference.
Yeah this is what I'm wondering. Like the 2018 R lines are 115ps so I'm wondering if I could adjust to that.
RichieCUK1986
New

Post by RichieCUK1986 »

Noonoo632 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:22 pm

Yeah this is what I'm wondering. Like the 2018 R lines are 115ps so I'm wondering if I could adjust to that.
RichieCUK1986
New

Post by RichieCUK1986 »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:55 am

You might surprise yourself. The GTI+ has a higher RRP, but better residuals (% of RRP).

The difference might mean having an SEL with maybe 40% of RRP GFV after 3 years vs a GTI+ 50% of RRP GFV at 3 years old. The monthlies difference will be nowhere near what the RRP differences would suggest, and if you're a young driver with other.much NCD, having ACC really helps with the insurance premiums (as the ACC sensor is deemed to really help avoid going into the car in front).
Yeah I'm not a young driver I'm 35. I checked insurance out for the GTI as it was lower than I expected. Choices choices.
Harrihealey02
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 SEL

Post by Harrihealey02 »

You could go for a higher mileage 30/40k with full service history for a bit cheaper if you don’t mind the extra miles as some lower mileage don’t always have dealer history and charge more. Remaps definitely are worth it too, especially the way how modern engines have turbos to get much more hidden power.
RichieCUK1986
New

Post by RichieCUK1986 »

Harrihealey02 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:39 pm You could go for a higher mileage 30/40k with full service history for a bit cheaper if you don’t mind the extra miles as some lower mileage don’t always have dealer history and charge more. Remaps definitely are worth it too, especially the way how modern engines have turbos to get much more hidden power.
Are there any risks with getting a remap?

Say I got a 2018 Polo Beats 1l 95ps and got it re mapped to 130ps?

For me that seems ideal as they are fairly cheap and I'd still get a good amount of acceleration once remapped.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Harrihealey02 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:39 pm You could go for a higher mileage 30/40k with full service history for a bit cheaper if you don’t mind the extra miles as some lower mileage don’t always have dealer history and charge more. Remaps definitely are worth it too, especially the way how modern engines have turbos to get much more hidden power.
The way used prices are right now, better to wait for a new one for around the same price if you get a good broker sized discount on it. Worth asking the big groups like Lookers, Listers or Heritage if they've got any coming through the pipeline already, ordered for stock, with no buyer in mind. I have a few names at Listers and Heritage for you to try.
Harrihealey02
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 SEL

Post by Harrihealey02 »

Remap reliability is good if you go with a reputable company such as superchips (remap kings) or AMD tuning etc. The east engines are software limited is so they can bring out more power in the exact same engine in a newer model in the future to entice more buyers. The engines are designed to run in all different kinds of countries with different fuel qualities etc. and biggest concern for retailers is that they build in the possibility of missed service intervals so they have to be softer for more bulletproof durability. If you remap which I would suggest, then change your engine oil every 8 or 10k miles as the engine will require you to stick to the oil service interval strictly.