Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Re: Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Post by johnpolo2 »

Think mine gets built next week, and then several weeks to arrive.
Philip GTI
New
Drives: Gti

Post by Philip GTI »

I see the Beats audio system has made a return to the vw polo configurator 👍
Philip GTI
New

Post by Philip GTI »

Think it’s more expensive now though 👎🏻
steeve
Bronze Member
Drives: Mk10 GTI+

Post by steeve »

Ours ordered mid November, supposedly built week 19 but dealer now saying delivery in August.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Philip GTI wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:28 am Think it’s more expensive now though 👎🏻
Not really a surprise if the Beats audio system is more expensive, considering the significant increases in energy costs, ongoing component shortages plus increased transportation costs that will be affecting pretty much all manufacturing sectors - not just motor manufacturers and their suppliers. We can can expect everything to be more expensive, and we’re already seeing this in many aspects of daily life - e.g. consumer durables, food, clothing, domestic energy costing more. Manufacturers won’t be absorbing these increased costs as that would have an adverse impact on bottom-line profit; they’ll be passing the costs on - at least in part - to the consumer in the form of increased prices.

Assuming increasing prices and high levels of inflation are here to stay - at least in the short term - I think we can expect to see either larger or more frequent price increases on new cars too than we have seen previously 🤔.
Philip GTI
New

Post by Philip GTI »

Anyone tried the buttons on the steering wheel and climate control? Any issues?
rhys15
New
Drives: Polo GTI Facelift 2022

Post by rhys15 »

Just picked up my new facelift GTI last week.
Very pleased so far, lovely to drive and the tech is great.
Looking forward to using it over the summer now!
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

rhys15 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:35 am Just picked up my new facelift GTI last week.
Very pleased so far, lovely to drive and the tech is great.
Looking forward to using it over the summer now!
Congratulations. Would love to see pictures at some point as I’m considering switching back to a polo gti in the near future.
Wetherfell
New
Drives: None at present

Post by Wetherfell »

SRGTD wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:12 am
Philip GTI wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:18 am Any pictures ? 😀
There are some pictures in this discussion thread - page 13; a Pure White one, page 10; a Deep Black Pearl one and page 8; a King’s Red one.

If you want a picture overload, there are also currently 37 brand new GTI’s for sale on Auto Trader - most with plenty of pictures. Use the advanced search facility with the following criteria and you’ll find them; Make = Volkswagen, Model = Polo, Model Variant = GTI, Year = Brand New.
JCT600 have at least 20 in group stock as at this morning - mostly in reef blue, black or white, some with 17s but mostly 18s. Just been in the York branch while passing and the salesman I spoke to said a new order to a particular spec would still be 12 months or more.
Philip GTI
New

Post by Philip GTI »

What is engine /exhaust sound like ?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Philip GTI wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:59 pm Anyone tried the buttons on the steering wheel and climate control? Any issues?
Sadly, new owners of facelift GTI’s don’t seem to be very active on the forum once they’ve taken delivery of their cars. However, if you look back through the earlier pages of this discussion thread and / or use the advanced search facility (the small cog wheel symbol on the search bar at the top right corner of the screen) you may find answers to some of your questions. Forum member @tobyswindells post on page 10 specifically comments on the steering wheel controls.

There are other non-GTI models in the facelift Polo range that have the same climate control touch panel as the GTI so maybe non-GTI owners will also comment - or may have already commented - on the controls for heating, ventilation and air con. The advanced search facility may be useful in helping you find those comments, if there are any.

Another option would be to watch some of the video reviews on YouTube. I’ve not watched any but I dare say many of the aspects you’re asking questions on will be covered in those videos.

If there are dealers with new Polo GTI’s in stock as @Wetherfell has suggested, you could always consider contacting one of those dealers and ask if it would be possible to test drive one with the objective of getting first hand experience of those aspects of the car you’d like more info on - e.g. steering wheel controls, climate controls, engine and exhaust sound. If you do this I’d suggest you pose as a prospective buyer - if you tell them you’ve already got a GTI on order then IMHO I dare say they’d be less receptive to your request for a test drive as they’ll know they won’t be getting a sale from you. Alternatively, you’ll need to be patient and play the waiting game - at least Polo GTI’s seem to be getting built quicker than Golf GTI’s - there are some forum members over on golfgtiforum.co.uk who’ve been waiting over a year for their cars to be built and still don’t have confirmed build dates.
Bearmode
New
Drives: 2019 R-line

Post by Bearmode »

Philip GTI wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:59 pm Anyone tried the buttons on the steering wheel and climate control? Any issues?
I've not got mine yet (due delivery in about 4 weeks), but I've test driven.

They're not great. Climate control isn't *terrible*, but it and the steering wheel buttons are undoubtedly a big step down from proper physical buttons.
Philip GTI
New

Post by Philip GTI »

Many thanks for very detailed and informative reply👍
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Exactly SRGTD, there are loads of videos on YouTube regarding the updated model including exhaust sounds.
I sat in one of the refreshed models several weeks ago. My dealer said they had one in and in the colour I'd ordered. Grey. The guy had ordered it before Xmas I think and it was ready to go. My dealer asked if I would like to sit in it, so got the keys. Obviously not hugely different to the one I have now. I did turn on the dynamic indicators which I'm looking forward to having.
It had the grey dash but I'm hoping for the red as I feel it lifts the interior. I was told you can't option a colour now.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

I think the climate controls are the same as on my Tiguan. They’re not as good as physical buttons and you do have to take your eyes off the road to make sure you poking the correct part of the panel. But they’re a million times better than those in the golf and are at least lit up at night.