Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
somersetboy
New
Drives: GTI

Re: Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Post by somersetboy »

Hopefully the connection/technical issues isn’t a common issue for this new Polo GTI model.
somersetboy
New

Post by somersetboy »

lancslad1985 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:55 pm Both the Isar and Malacca highways are due in Emden the next two days, so good chance one may be going the UK as they regularly do that run. It’s getting closer.

Have to say I can’t wait for my replacement. I’m enjoying my gti but the electrical issues have taken the shine of this one. If everything worked I’d really love this car as I don’t mind the capacitive buttons now I’ve gotten used to them.
So you ordered the new Polo GTI that had been delivered a few months ago, been having these issues - so you are getting another new Polo GTI to replace it?
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Yup, I like the car just not the issues it has. Could I have my got my positive equity back and gone elsewhere? Sure. But then I’ve no car and I’m waiting for a new one and I WANT a polo gti. So considering they offered the replacement of any colour and keep my current car until it’s here, no brainer.
somersetboy
New

Post by somersetboy »

This might sound like a stupid question but hopefully someone will be able to answer:

I assume the rate of interest on the PCP finance would be on the date of order not collection?

Given the current climate, interest on a new Polo GTI is 9.2%!! But when ordering it was around the 6% mark.
LEEA123
Getting There!
Drives: none

Post by LEEA123 »

somersetboy wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:35 am This might sound like a stupid question but hopefully someone will be able to answer:

I assume the rate of interest on the PCP finance would be on the date of order not collection?

Given the current climate, interest on a new Polo GTI is 9.2%!! But when ordering it was around the 6% mark.
it was 6.4 percent i think when i ordered and was giving my monthly payment figures then , If that was to change i would expect to be notified and told , the figures quoted at time will be what you pay , if it did change then they can keep the car and I walk away simple as that , but you will pay what was quoted at time i am sure of that
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Post by MikeDO »

As above.

The interest rate will be what was agreed at the point of order (5.2% in my case).
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

Well just been told my car was due two weeks on Thursday so it’s on the Isar highway due at Grimsby tomorrow. The malacca highway is going to sheerness, so hopefully a few of us are getting our new cars soon.
LEEA123
Getting There!
Drives: none

Post by LEEA123 »

lancslad1985 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:51 pm Well just been told my car was due two weeks on Thursday so it’s on the Isar highway due at Grimsby tomorrow. The malacca highway is going to sheerness, so hopefully a few of us are getting our new cars soon.
The dealer called to give an update, but he would not give a date yet, as he has seen it all before and wants to make sure it is on its way, mine is going to sheerness. He did say hopefully a couple of weeks roughly but would call with a definite date. Once it gets to them it only needs a couple of days then ready to pick up
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

LEEA123 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:39 pm
The dealer called to give an update, but he would not give a date yet, as he has seen it all before and wants to make sure it is on its way, mine is going to sheerness. He did say hopefully a couple of weeks roughly but would call with a definite date. Once it gets to them it only needs a couple of days then ready to pick up
My current lemon was only in emden a matter of days before coming to the UK and took the first boat to Grimsby. So I’m hoping that’s the case again as my dealer seemed pretty confident it was on the Isar Highway from the updates he had. It’s usually only with the dealer a day or so for pdi, especially if you ask for them not to clean it or remove the wraps as I do - it’s very satisfying peeling them off!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

lancslad1985 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:15 am It’s usually only with the dealer a day or so for pdi, especially if you ask for them not to clean it or remove the wraps as I do - it’s very satisfying peeling them off!
Do you peel the wraps off before you leave the dealership? If not, and if you then found any panel or paintwork damage after you’d peeled the wraps off (it does happen), then depending on what the damage was, it might be quite difficult to prove when / how the damage occurred. Some dealers might be more accommodating it such situations and accept the damage was there at handover time, but it could be a case of your word against the dealers.

I’d always get the dealer to remove the wraps, so if there was any damage or imperfections in the paintwork, they’d hopefully pick it up during the PDI.
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

I peel them off at the dealership and inspect the paintwork with an LED light 🤣. I don’t drive home with the wraps on.
somersetboy
New

Post by somersetboy »

lancslad1985 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:15 am
LEEA123 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:39 pm
My current lemon was only in emden a matter of days before coming to the UK and took the first boat to Grimsby. So I’m hoping that’s the case again as my dealer seemed pretty confident it was on the Isar Highway from the updates he had. It’s usually only with the dealer a day or so for pdi, especially if you ask for them not to clean it or remove the wraps as I do - it’s very satisfying peeling them off!
Sounds like you will be getting yours very soon then!
Not heard any more from my VW dealer - assuming with my car that its on its way UK, unless its still sitting in Emden. Just going to wait until my VW dealer drops me a call. Fingers crossed will be seeing my car over next couple weeks!
somersetboy
New

Post by somersetboy »

VW dealer emailed last week (when it arrived at Emden) to say that they expect car at the dealership around 25th Nov- so collection will be towards end of the month.

But surely if others in this forum believe their car is already on its way to UK or in the UK, collection should be before end of month?

I assume I will be getting a call from my VW dealer over the next week or so?

No good at this waiting game lol!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

somersetboy wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:38 am VW dealer emailed last week (when it arrived at Emden) to say that they expect car at the dealership around 25th Nov- so collection will be towards end of the month.

But surely if others in this forum believe their car is already on its way to UK or in the UK, collection should be before end of month?

How long it takes to reach the dealership once in the UK will depend on the logistics of transporting your car from the UK dockside storage facility to the dealership.

A key dependency will be the number of vehicles to be delivered by the transport company to dealerships in the same area as your dealer. For the cost efficiency purposes, I dare say the transport company will wait until there’s sufficient deliveries to completely fill a transporter to dealers who’re broadly the same geographical area as your dealer.
somersetboy
New

Post by somersetboy »

SRGTD wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:56 am
somersetboy wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:38 am VW dealer emailed last week (when it arrived at Emden) to say that they expect car at the dealership around 25th Nov- so collection will be towards end of the month.

How long it takes to reach the dealership once in the UK will depend on the logistics of transporting your car from the UK dockside storage facility to the dealership.

A key dependency will be the number of vehicles to be delivered by the transport company to dealerships in the same area as your dealer. For the cost efficiency purposes, I dare say the transport company will wait until there’s sufficient deliveries to completely fill a transporter to dealers who’re broadly the same geographical area as your dealer.
Ahh that makes complete sense - hence why the dealer said around 2/3 weeks from Emden to dealership, to allow for this. Fingers crossed it arrives over the next week or so (although that is probably too optimistic)