Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Re: Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Post by Nora »

I was under the same impression, having tracked my current Gti from SA to the UK, post vw emissions scandal. But having done some research it looks like the primary shipping agent in SA has a car terminal in east London (Car terminal
https://maps.app.goo.gl/XWAqsndLcRJeNYmm9?g_st=ic) and several vehicle carriers have been visiting it in the last few weeks. Whereas in Port Elizabeth it’s mainly bulk cargo and cruise ships that have berthed there and no vehicle carriers have arrived there in recent weeks, so maybe the centre of operations has moved.
The Glovis Cosmos is the only vehicle carrier that has sailed from Northern Europe to SA stopping at Dakar and Namibia enroute, and of the whole of the Stena Glovis vehicle carrying fleet, only 2 ships are scheduled to sail the route between Northern Europe and SA in the forthcoming weeks https://stenaglovis.com/app/uploads/202 ... africa.pdf the next one won’t be arriving till next month, (See the bottom timeline)
Nora
Bronze Member

Post by Nora »

The Glovis Cosmos sailed from East London on Sunday and headed north East to Durban (scheduled destination) where it arrived last night and is currently moored, so I’m assuming that it is loading/discharging cars there. Where it will head next we’ll know in the next couple of days, as there’s no data available on the sailing schedule
RealMarshy
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by RealMarshy »

I just found this one which departed Port Elizabeth on 7th November and is due in Emden on 24th November. Could be on that one!

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/details/9368900
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Nora wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:03 am The Glovis Cosmos sailed from East London on Sunday and headed north East to Durban (scheduled destination) where it arrived last night and is currently moored, so I’m assuming that it is loading/discharging cars there. Where it will head next we’ll know in the next couple of days, as there’s no data available on the sailing schedule
If it’s heading north east after departure, that might suggest its destination is somewhere in Asia or Australasia rather than Europe. Car carrying vessels transporting VW’s from South Africa to Emden have historically sailed south west from port of departure, around the bottom tip of South Africa and then up the west coast, stopping at destinations such as Portugal and Spain en route to Emden.
RealMarshy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:37 pm I just found this one which departed Port Elizabeth on 7th November and is due in Emden on 24th November. Could be on that one!

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/details/9368900
I think it’s quite likely it might be.
RealMarshy
New

Post by RealMarshy »

Just heard from my dealership, mine arrived in Emden on 8th November, so it's actually already nearly here :D
Nora
Bronze Member

Post by Nora »

SRGTD wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:49 pm
Nora wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:03 am The Glovis Cosmos sailed from East London on Sunday and headed north East to Durban (scheduled destination) where it arrived last night and is currently moored, so I’m assuming that it is loading/discharging cars there. Where it will head next we’ll know in the next couple of days, as there’s no data available on the sailing schedule
If it’s heading north east after departure, that might suggest its destination is somewhere in Asia or Australasia rather than Europe. Car carrying vessels transporting VW’s from South Africa to Emden have historically sailed south west from port of departure, around the bottom tip of South Africa and then up the west coast, stopping at destinations such as Portugal and Spain en route to Emden.
The last one that I tracked from Durban is heading east towards Australia
Nora
Bronze Member

Post by Nora »

The cosmos is heading back towards Port Elizabeth
Jakeyw
New
Drives: GTI

Post by Jakeyw »

Metman888 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:38 am
Jakeyw wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:45 pm Mine didn’t come with an engine cover. They fobbed off my gf saying new cars don’t come with one. Could someone please take a pic just so I can show them that’s bs. Thanks.
Picked mine up on the 19th of this month. Mine wasn't a factory order though by me, It was a car from stock, i only waited 10 days from initial enquiry to collection. I guess its possible mine was built before the recall and should have had the cover removed, I'm not sure how to find out when mine was actually built.

edit:

After some poking around it seems theres a revised part number which is 06Q-103-925-L. Ive just taken mine off and had a look and that number is indeed stamped on the bottom of it and it was manufactured on the 10th April 22 according to the date stamp.

link for info on VWROC https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/4217 ... ent-632370

pic of my covers number

Hope this helps.
Thanks. I took mine in for a service recently and they fitted a cover on it. I’ve been hearing a rattling noise intermittently which coincided with this. Comes and goes though. Keeping an eye on it.
Nora
Bronze Member

Post by Nora »

The engine cover is a different design from the one on the AW car that I currently have.

As for my new car the dealer emailed me and said that the delivery from Germany has been pushed back until next month, but didn’t specify if the car is actually in Germany, so I’m hedging my bets that it’s aboard the HOEGH Sidney that currently off the Brest Peninsular sailing north towards the channel & arriving in in Emden 22hr Friday night. The Glovis Cosmos is bound for Rotterdam and will arrive on the 30th.
So because of the anticipated delivery delay I’ve provisionally booked the car in for the new car detailing (polish and ceramic coating) for W/c the 15th January as I didn’t fancy doing it myself in January
RealMarshy
New

Post by RealMarshy »

RealMarshy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:28 pm Just heard from my dealership, mine arrived in Emden on 8th November, so it's actually already nearly here :D
Heard from the dealership, it landed with them today, so 20days from Emden to the dealership. Pick it up in 3 days :D :D :D
RealMarshy
New

Post by RealMarshy »

RealMarshy wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:18 pm
RealMarshy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:28 pm Just heard from my dealership, mine arrived in Emden on 8th November, so it's actually already nearly here :D
Heard from the dealership, it landed with them today, so 20days from Emden to the dealership. Pick it up in 3 days :D :D :D
I can confirm mine also has physical steering wheel buttons too (ordered end of July).
Nora
Bronze Member

Post by Nora »

My dealer just emailed me to say that the car has arrived at a UK port, which I’m guessing is Grimsby
Mkpkz
New
Drives: Polo 1.2 TSI 6C

Post by Mkpkz »

Wondering if anyone can help me find what ship has my car onboard. Orderd a new GTI build week was 9th October and I’ve been contacted on the 30th November saying my car is on the ship to a UK port. How would I go about finding what ship I need to track
Polo 26
New
Drives: Polo gti

Post by Polo 26 »

Io ho ordinato il 10 agosto e mi hanno detto consegna a febbraio o massimo marzo aprile. Vedo che stanno consegnando prima. Scrivo dall' Italia
Nora
Bronze Member

Post by Nora »

Mkpkz wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:22 pm Wondering if anyone can help me find what ship has my car onboard. Orderd a new GTI build week was 9th October and I’ve been contacted on the 30th November saying my car is on the ship to a UK port. How would I go about finding what ship I need to track
Mine was built in week 42, 1-2 weeks after yours and arrived on the docks in the uk last week, and should be delivered to the dealer by this weekend, so hopefully yours is ready for delivery to the dealer now
Polo 26 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:24 pm Io ho ordinato il 10 agosto e mi hanno detto consegna a febbraio o massimo marzo aprile. Vedo che stanno consegnando prima. Scrivo dall' Italia
I tempi di realizzazione sono di circa 6 mesi, quindi la stima per l'inizio della primavera è probabilmente corretta.