Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Re: Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Post by lancslad1985 »

Nope. You can only pull the switch once for rear fog light on mine. I assumed they were dynamic cornering lights as well, but they’re not. Just on all the time. Does mean the roads lit up beautifully with them and the light bar and plod didn’t pull me over this morning when he was parked up and I came past when it was quiet.
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

Evening all

Thank you for your well wishes and congratulations. Likewise to those now with their Polos , hope you are having a great time and enjoying them (@lancslad85) and good luck with your pickup (@MikeDO)

Well I’ve done 140miles today and still enjoying myself. Also I sorted out the trim myself, so feeling like a Polo expert (mainly thanks to the Polo Workshop manual, so thank you for loading the document)

I can confirm what @lancslad1985 said about the “fog lights”... that aren’t fog lights. I was out with my mate, showing off the car and he remarked about the lower lights and I thought I’d activated them by pulling out the light switch. No, there is one position and that’s the Rear foglight.

Also on my search through options I didn’t come across an option to switch off the light bar across the front grille. Has anyone else found it or is that it permanently on. ( I cant see it, so don’t mind)

Yes, on travel assist I’m activating ACC and then turning off Lane assist. I have used the travel assist to fully stop and then start again. It does seem strange, it’s good but can be fooled so need to be ready to step in sharpish.

Still haven’t decided which cockpit view to use as I like the Selected Gear and Mph in the centre of each dial, but I like the idea of all the other available info in the centre. Only I can sort that out.

Haha on the key cover, I went a bit mad and ordered both, so I’ve got a spare. Also I like the Infotainment screen coming up with GTI but it goes too quickly.

Andy
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

@AndyGti I think the only way to turn the light bar off is plugging into the car and coding it. I don’t mind it, when I drove to work at 4:30am Tuesday it lit the road up nicely.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Apparently mine is now status 38 Emden.
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

Just to warn people, I’ve had issues with WeConnect. Spoke to VW today and they have issues with the registration on their servers and are working to fix it. So if you can’t connect WeConnect it’s probably them not you.
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

@johnpolo2 oh my goodness, talk about slow boat from SA. I thought you would have had it at start of month we the others were coming in. Not long now then if its made it to Emden

@lancslad1985 Thanks, I thought there might be a simple tick/untick option buried in the manual, but not a problem that its there.

I read a bit of the manual this morning and the Digital Dashboard changes in Auto mode depending on the Driving mode you are in. I am excited to try it and will be interested to see what it changes on the dash. (or will I be disappointed?)

We Connect was set up with dealer and connected quite easily. I gave up with the Audi system and the app never fully worked when I had the car.
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

Dealer phoned me today to say that my car has now arrived in the UK. So that's good. Journey nearly over..
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Post by MikeDO »

Picking the new car up tomorrow morning.

But... minor last minute panic this afternoon. I'm getting my private number plate transferred straight onto my new car when I pick it up.
Now it's very easy these days for a dealer to transfer a private plate straight off a part exchange and onto a new "unregistered car". I've had this plate some 30 years and it's been on many cars. Previously, no issues doing this.

Could my current Insurer cope with this? Nope! After three phone calls and over 2 hours of prating about on the phone... Each time I phoned, it took the best part of 30 minutes to just get to speak to someone.
Finally I gave up. My current insurer is Darwin (part of the Churchill group).
So ended up getting the 5 day VW complimentary insurance. They seemed to have no problem understanding this. As the 12 month quote from VW was reasonable (£249.16) I might well cancel my current policy and take this one.

Lets hope tomorrow goes a bit smoother :)

PS. @johnpolo2 ... good news finally.
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Post by MikeDO »

Picked my car up from Ayr dealership this morning. It seems to dive well. A lot more comfortable than the I30N if I'm being totally honest. And even in normal driving mode appears pretty nippy.
Just got to give myself time to get used to an automatic again.

Only things that I've picked up on though are:
- The touch controls on the steering wheel seem to get pretty hot!
- Annoying that you can't have the air pointed at your feet, center vents and the front windscreen at the same time.

Can't complain I suppose it that's all I've got to complain about.

Question for you folks who already have one. Is the battery housed under the spare wheel in the boot?

Nightmare drive back though. What should have taken about 2 hours coming the scenic route back... took over twice that because of first a bad smash on the A77, then another on the A714. Just life I suppose.

lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

That’s interesting @MikeDO, I’ve not noticed my steering wheel buttons get hot and I drive 45 minutes to work down the motorway. They certainly weren’t hot when I just got to work now. Maybe something to keep an eye on. The battery should be under the boot floor as far as I’m aware, it was in my gti+.

My biggest shock was the car tax. My gti+ was £230ish a year, this one has jumped into the next tax bracket at £585 a year….that’s more than my car insurance to drive it.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

lancslad1985 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:20 am My biggest shock was the car tax. My gti+ was £230ish a year, this one has jumped into the next tax bracket at £585 a year….that’s more than my car insurance to drive it.
The VED rate of £585 is for the first year only, and is based on the car’s CO2 emissions level. The facelift Polo GTI’s official CO2 emissions are 155g/km so it falls into the 151 - 170g/km CO2 emissions band for year one. From year two, petrol / diesel engined vehicles with a list price of less than £40k pay annual VED at a flat rate of (currently) £165 per year, although historically the flat rate has increased each year - usually by £10, so you’re likely to be paying VED of £175 next year, £185 the following year and so on.
worsy
New
Drives: The wife's 2022 Polo GTI.

Post by worsy »

Arrive!

johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

Looking good. Enjoy your cars guys.
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

SRGTD wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:02 am
lancslad1985 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:20 am My biggest shock was the car tax. My gti+ was £230ish a year, this one has jumped into the next tax bracket at £585 a year….that’s more than my car insurance to drive it.
The VED rate of £585 is for the first year only, and is based on the car’s CO2 emissions level. The facelift Polo GTI’s official CO2 emissions are 155g/km so it falls into the 151 - 170g/km CO2 emissions band for year one. From year two, petrol / diesel engined vehicles with a list price of less than £40k pay annual VED at a flat rate of (currently) £165 per year, although historically the flat rate has increased each year - usually by £10, so you’re likely to be paying VED of £175 next year, £185 the following year and so on.
Thank god for that, cheers SRGTD. Had a small heart attack when I saw that.

Nice car worsy. Enjoy.
richl123
New

Post by richl123 »

If anyone wants a new car right now, Colchester VW have three GTIs red, blue and black