Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
somersetboy
New
Drives: GTI

Re: Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Post by somersetboy »

Glovis Stella appears to be heading to Emden for this afternoon. Any idea of how long it usually takes from Emden to collection? Will our VW dealer update on what ship will travel from Emden to UK?
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Usually in emden a week average and then uk port a week on average but both stages can get to two.
somersetboy
New

Post by somersetboy »

So realistically handover will be towards end of Nov?
LEEA123
Getting There!
Drives: none

Post by LEEA123 »

somersetboy wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:02 pm So realistically handover will be towards end of Nov?
well, i just looked and it says it not heading there now, :D . I really think we will get our cars middle to late November
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

I’m using this one that still says Emden, plus it’s nearly there!

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/details/9749570
LEEA123
Getting There!

Post by LEEA123 »

lancslad1985 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:45 pm I’m using this one that still says Emden, plus it’s nearly there!

That's interesting was looking at this https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/de ... VIS_STELLA
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

LEEA123 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:53 pm [quote=lancslad1985 post_id=594064 time=<a href="tel:1667234743">1667234743</a> user_id=15903]
I’m using this one that still says Emden, plus it’s nearly there!

That's interesting was looking at this https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/de ... VIS_STELLA
[/quote]

Looks like you were right as it hasn’t got to Emden even though it was due at 6pm yesterday. Maybe 30/11 is correct for my collection!
somersetboy
New

Post by somersetboy »

Fingers crossed there is a quick turnaround when it gets to Emden. Hopefully no further delays once its on its way to UK (ie just goes straight into port!). Was hoping to pick up in a couple of weeks, but looking unlikely now
LEEA123
Getting There!

Post by LEEA123 »

somersetboy wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:00 am Fingers crossed there is a quick turnaround when it gets to Emden. Hopefully no further delays once its on its way to UK (ie just goes straight into port!). Was hoping to pick up in a couple of weeks, but looking unlikely now
from what I see, due in Emden on the 3rd, about a week there, roughly I guess in the UK around 15 Nov, then say a week to get to the dealer, I reckon to get the car somewhere 25-30 November , just a guess
somersetboy
New

Post by somersetboy »

LEEA123 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:31 pm
somersetboy wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:00 am Fingers crossed there is a quick turnaround when it gets to Emden. Hopefully no further delays once its on its way to UK (ie just goes straight into port!). Was hoping to pick up in a couple of weeks, but looking unlikely now
from what I see, due in Emden on the 3rd, about a week there, roughly I guess in the UK around 15 Nov, then say a week to get to the dealer, I reckon to get the car somewhere 25-30 November , just a guess
I think you are probably right. But hoping for sooner! No good at waiting😂
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

Good news, the Glovis Stella finally got to Emden in the early hours. Now it’s time to look for the boats coming to the UK, which are usually the highway boats, such as the Malacca Highway. Then it’s pretty much down to your dealer….
somersetboy
New

Post by somersetboy »

VW dealer actually emailed this morning to say it usually takes 2-3 weeks to dealership once arriving in Emden. So not long now!
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

Both the Isar and Malacca highways are due in Emden the next two days, so good chance one may be going the UK as they regularly do that run. It’s getting closer.

Have to say I can’t wait for my replacement. I’m enjoying my gti but the electrical issues have taken the shine of this one. If everything worked I’d really love this car as I don’t mind the capacitive buttons now I’ve gotten used to them.
AnnieGTI
New
Drives: GTI 2022

Post by AnnieGTI »

lancslad1985 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:55 pm Both the Isar and Malacca highways are due in Emden the next two days, so good chance one may be going the UK as they regularly do that run. It’s getting closer.

Have to say I can’t wait for my replacement. I’m enjoying my gti but the electrical issues have taken the shine of this one. If everything worked I’d really love this car as I don’t mind the capacitive buttons now I’ve gotten used to them.
I wondered why you were waiting for another one. I had missed it on the forum with only joining recently. Touch wood, mine has been fine apart from it doesn't always connect to my iphone for my music. That's a bit hit and miss but ok apart from that (touches wood again) :)
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Mine is behaving itself so far.
Only thing I wonder is why android auto happily plays YouTube music with artwork and on other occasions says I need to upgrade to YouTube premium to access service.