Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Re: Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Post by AndyGTi »

jaz wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:52 pm
AndyGTi wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:09 pm
jaz wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:18 pm My GTI arrived at the start of the week with no cover.

I assume we will get a replacement when the Golf ones are issued.
Congratulations on your new car, what colour and spec did you go for. I guess it will be added to the list of service items once they ahve sorted out a replacement for all these cars. (Can't help thinking, the cost saving plan hasn't worked out as they would like)
Reef Blue with the standard alloys.
Options are the same as my previous R-Line.... Heated Seats and Rear View camera... both indispensable.

Amazing, that is the spec I ordered as well (although splashed out on a spare wheel).
Enjoy and look forward to your updates and experiences
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Slawa wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:29 pm What's stopping you from getting the full package? For example, infividual tires with a low rolling profile, adjustable suspension ... Dealers do not provide a complete set when buying a car? Then I advise you to rewrite the VIN from the front glass, buy a decoding of the configuration and then measure the members (peeps)))).
The standard specification of the Polo GTI for the UK market is very good and in my opinion, it isn’t really necessary to add any - or many - extra cost options.

The car comes as standard with 17” alloys fitted with 215/45 R17 tyres. If you choose the optional larger 18” alloys you get lower profile 215/40 R18 tyres. Unfortunately, you do not get a choice in the brand of tyre fitted. Adaptive Chassis Control (DCC) is a standard feature on UK Polo GTI’s.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Slawa wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:29 pm These are just words, and you cannot confirm them.
That's when each owner will lay out the VIN and the equipment that each dealer is obliged to give him for FREE.
Then we compare it. After it will be possible to speak .. Or compare. For example, I will now ask a question about QR8 or 2H4//
Let's talk only about a certain car that has a complete set. If you can’t give a complete set, just walk by and don’t s**t.
Not just words - VW’s UK website lists the current standard specification that all Polo GTI’s for the UK will be built to.

I’m sure forum members who have taken delivery of a new Polo GTI will be able to confirm that their car’s spec is what they expected it to be. When I bought my Polo GTI+ in 2020, it was delivered with the exact specification I was expecting - all items of standard equipment, plus the extra cost options I had ordered were present on the car. If VW weren’t building cars in line with the specification they publish on their websites I think it would have already been discussed on forums, as many forum members are car enthusiasts and will know what the spec should be of the car they are buying.

Here’s the link to the Polo GTI on the configurator on VW’s UK website. Once the web page has loaded, if you click on the link indicated in the screenshot below you can check out the specification details for yourself.

I have nothing else to add to this discussion.

Link to Polo GTI on the configurator; https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/configu ... 257D%22%7D

And here’s the screenshot;
8D62F251-7764-47FC-953C-97B938558BBD.jpeg
8D62F251-7764-47FC-953C-97B938558BBD.jpeg (58.16 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Post by MikeDO »

I think either someone is using something like GOOGLE translate and things are getting twisted in translation, or the guy (@Slawa) is just spamming this thread for whatever reason :?
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

@SRGTD was very good in bothering to reply, I know I wouldn't. :D
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

MikeDO wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:24 pm I think either someone is using something like GOOGLE translate and things are getting twisted in translation, or the guy (@Slawa) is just spamming this thread for whatever reason :?
I’ll give @Slawa the benefit of the doubt and say that something may have been lost in translation.
johnpolo2 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:31 pm @SRGTD was very good in bothering to reply, I know I wouldn't. :D
No big deal for me to reply. I don’t like being told ‘to walk by and don’t s**t’ when IMHO I was providing what I thought was a perfectly reasonable reply.

Anyway as I said. I’ve nothing further to add to the this discussion with the forum member in question, so have drawn a line under it.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

SRGTD wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:43 pm
MikeDO wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:24 pm I think either someone is using something like GOOGLE translate and things are getting twisted in translation, or the guy (@Slawa) is just spamming this thread for whatever reason :?
I’ll give @Slawa the benefit of the doubt and say that something may have been lost in translation.
johnpolo2 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:31 pm @SRGTD was very good in bothering to reply, I know I wouldn't. :D
No big deal for me to reply. I don’t like being told ‘to walk by and don’t s**t’ when IMHO I was providing what I thought was a perfectly reasonable reply.

Anyway as I said. I’ve nothing further to add to the this discussion with the forum member in question, so have drawn a line under it.
I don’t even know what he’s getting at, let alone would I have replied to a comment like that.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

There’s a couple of new gtis at Bolton VW. A red demonstrator and a black showroom model. Looks very nice, climate controls are the same as my Tiguan so they’re backlit unlike the golf. Actually like the new tartan and don’t mind the red stripe on the front now I’ve seen it in person.

What I don’t like are the capacitive buttons. I drive with my thumbs over my steering buttons so I can press them, but with these I’d be constantly activating them.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

lancslad1985 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:23 am There’s a couple of new gtis at Bolton VW. A red demonstrator and a black showroom model. Looks very nice, climate controls are the same as my Tiguan so they’re backlit unlike the golf. Actually like the new tartan and don’t mind the red stripe on the front now I’ve seen it in person.

What I don’t like are the capacitive buttons. I drive with my thumbs over my steering buttons so I can press them, but with these I’d be constantly activating them.
I’ve not seen a new GTI in the metal yet. I did see a new R-Line parked up in my village the other day and I thought it looked OK. I do like the new style rear light clusters. Like you, I’m not keen on capacitive buttons.

I won’t be getting a new GTI though. All being well I’ll be keeping my GTI+ for another three years or so and then consider what to replace it with. There’s a good chance that the replacement will be an EV; I’d envisage by 2025 there’ll be more choice in the Polo sized car segment of the market and I dare say battery tech will have also moved on in that time too - smaller, less expensive, lighter batteries, shorter charge times and increased range. I’m not keen on the renderings I’ve seen of VW’s ID.2 so I’m unlikely to be driving a VW EV in 2025, but the small Cupra - the UrbanRebel - looks very interesting and it’s due to launch in 2025. Apparently, the latest concept version is a pretty accurate reflection of what the actual production vehicle will look like.

https://www.cupraofficial.co.uk/cars/co ... rebel.html
Bearmode
New
Drives: 2019 R-line

Post by Bearmode »

lancslad1985 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:23 am There’s a couple of new gtis at Bolton VW. A red demonstrator and a black showroom model. Looks very nice, climate controls are the same as my Tiguan so they’re backlit unlike the golf. Actually like the new tartan and don’t mind the red stripe on the front now I’ve seen it in person.

I test drove the red one about a month ago, should be getting my delivery in about 4 weeks. I don't drive with my thumbs over the steering buttons, but I still found them pretty annoying.
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

Been informed that mine has now been built, so should get my hands on it in a few weeks time.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

SRGTD wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:53 am

I’ve not seen a new GTI in the metal yet. I did see a new R-Line parked up in my village the other day and I thought it looked OK. I do like the new style rear light clusters. Like you, I’m not keen on capacitive buttons.

I won’t be getting a new GTI though. All being well I’ll be keeping my GTI+ for another three years or so and then consider what to replace it with. There’s a good chance that the replacement will be an EV; I’d envisage by 2025 there’ll be more choice in the Polo sized car segment of the market and I dare say battery tech will have also moved on in that time too - smaller, less expensive, lighter batteries, shorter charge times and increased range. I’m not keen on the renderings I’ve seen of VW’s ID.2 so I’m unlikely to be driving a VW EV in 2025, but the small Cupra - the UrbanRebel - looks very interesting and it’s due to launch in 2025. Apparently, the latest concept version is a pretty accurate reflection of what the actual production vehicle will look like.

That Cupra is very very nice. I don't really keep up with car news but I've always liked the look of the Cupra's.

Reading through this thread has kind of tempted to me to upgrade my 19 plate GTI, but I think I'll hold off and go the EV route in a few years.
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

SRGTD wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:53 am

I chuckled to myself when I read this, as this is my rough plan for next few years of motoring. (don't know why, but always seems strange to me that others are thinking the same sort of thing, but shouldn't really be)

I wanted to get back into a Polo GTI as it will be a more manageable size and be easier to fit in my garage. Yes my garage will take a wider car but its a pain and does narrow the access between car and wall. So Polo is a lot better (even if it is a little wider now, than my previous 2007 Polo GTI and 2013 Polo BlueGT.)

Everything, I have seen and read suggests Polo will not last beyond 2025 (in Europe at least) and talk is Audi A1 also not going to be replaced. So with the size of current EVs as they are and talk of demise of smaller ICE cars, I thought I would be worth it to get a Polo before the music stops, to me this then gives me some flexibility in future choice.

I have said to myself, plan is go electric by 2025 (but that is subject to several caveats and exceptions depending on what VW do in next few years). So Polo GTI probably last ICE vehicle unless
i) VW might do a run out Polo GTI model / 50yrs of Polo (in 2025) - you never know, but I personally think unlikely as they(VW) seem only to be interested in Golf
ii) The Golf GTI 50th Anniversary might be something worth having, but price might be astronomical

So, in terms of electric future, nothing currently EV wise floats my boat in terms of size, style and cost. Autocar did have a scoop a few yrs ago about EV sports car that could appear around middle of decade. Its a nice idea, but again we will believe when we see it. Everything seems to be SUV/Crossover and I am not interested in those styles/shapes.

Hopefully the new small VAG EV does cover some of my requirements. (Size(dimensions) & Power). The Cupra Urbanrebel does look pretty good but this and the ID2 do seem to be rather crossover like (yes batteries in floor will raise height). I would like something more akin to today's superminis or a small sports coupe type of offering. (I appreciate that business cases are required and everyone is loving SUVs etc).

So back to having a Polo GTI will allow flexibility until perhaps later in the decade when the solid state batteries are suppose to appear and be a game changer in terms of size and packaging for EVs.

@johnpolo2 Glad to hear your car is built and I think I will check in with Dealer to find out if mine is also now built.
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Post by MikeDO »

Just spoken to my dealer and that's the car built and on the way to the port of exit.

Status 30 (in Transit from factory). Commission status 4 (Production finished). And the VIN number and engine number are also given.

So that's pretty much 4 months since ordering early February. Hopefully mid August delivery should be on the cards (NB. don't care about the number plate change in September).

PS. Someone that I was taking to on N-cars.net has just been quoted 20 months for delivery of a factory order I20N. Crazy times.
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

Remember the days when a little app showed you what status your vehicle was. The joy of getting a notification and animation illustrating what stage it was at. Never needed to speak to the dealer until it had arrived.