Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Jakeyw
New
Drives: GTI

Re: Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Post by Jakeyw »

Enjoying my polo just wish it would pop and bang. Could of sworn the pre facelift model I test drove was louder. Everyone moans about the haptic feed buttons, but I actually really like them. One thing my car didn’t have was an engine cover, anyone have an eta on getting one?
Jakeyw
New
Drives: GTI

Post by Jakeyw »

SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Jakeyw wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:30 pm Enjoying my polo just wish it would pop and bang. Could of sworn the pre facelift model I test drove was louder. Everyone moans about the haptic feed buttons, but I actually really like them. One thing my car didn’t have was an engine cover, anyone have an eta on getting one?
Good to hear you’re enjoying it.

I doubt the engine covers are a high priority to VW just now - I dare say clearing the massive backlog of orders at some of their production facilities will (and should IMHO) rank much higher in terms of priorities - there are customers who’re currently waiting in excess of a year for a new performance Golf. There’s one forum member over on golfgtiforum.co.uk who ordered their car in April 2021 and have been given an estimated build date of February 2023! 😧.
steeve
Bronze Member
Drives: Mk10 GTI+

Post by steeve »

We've been told at long last that our car is on the way from SA. Probably due around mid August, so it will be Sept registered.
Struggling to understand the delay considering it was ordered within a day or so of the order book opening.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

steeve wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:36 am We've been told at long last that our car is on the way from SA. Probably due around mid August, so it will be Sept registered.
Struggling to understand the delay considering it was ordered within a day or so of the order book opening.
The ‘usual suspects’ - Covid, semiconductors and the Ukraine situation - will IMHO have had a fairly sizeable impact on both VW and their suppliers, resulting in disruption to the supply chain, delays in vehicle production and therefore longer lead times. VW’s Kariega production facility in South Africa where the Polo is built doesn’t seem to have been as badly impacted by these issues as some of VW’s other production facilities - e.g. Wolfsburg, Germany where the Golf is built. There are forum members on some of the Golf forums who have been waiting in excess of a year for a performance Golf, and some don’t even have confirmed build dates yet!
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

steeve wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:36 am We've been told at long last that our car is on the way from SA. Probably due around mid August, so it will be Sept registered.
Hi @steeve.

Congratulations glad your GTI is on its way. I checked last week expecting it would have moved on from confirmed BW24.
They didn’t have any update, but fair play they checked around and said some of WK22 Polos had been completed and updated, but nothing for BW23 and hence no info for me in BW24.
So I am quite chilled with that and probably looking same sort of time as you for getting hands on it. I’m checking again in Mid July to see if VW system has been updated
Philip GTI
New
Drives: Gti

Post by Philip GTI »

Can you only get build info from your stealer?
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Post by MikeDO »

Philip GTI wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:49 pm Can you only get build info from your stealer?
Basically "yes".
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

Philip GTI wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:49 pm Can you only get build info from your stealer?
VWCS used to be able to provide some info on build progress; I don’t know if they still can. Quite often though they’d just direct you to your dealer. Both VWCS and the dealerships probably get build progress information from the same data source, so if VWCS can’t provide an update, then there’s a good chance the dealer can’t either.

Historically, VW has been poor at customer communication, and things don’t seem to improve………..🤔
steeve
Bronze Member

Post by steeve »

SRGTD wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:40 am
The ‘usual suspects’ - Covid, semiconductors and the Ukraine situation - will IMHO have had a fairly sizeable impact on both VW and their suppliers, resulting in disruption to the supply chain, delays in vehicle production and therefore longer lead times. VW’s Kariega production facility in South Africa where the Polo is built doesn’t seem to have been as badly impacted by these issues as some of VW’s other production facilities - e.g. Wolfsburg, Germany where the Golf is built. There are forum members on some of the Golf forums who have been waiting in excess of a year for a performance Golf, and some don’t even have confirmed build dates yet!
But there are stock vehicles available from dealers, last time I looked it was over 30 cars available for immediate delivery, we didn't order any options that aren't on those being offered for sale. Though unfortunately there isn't one of the exact colour and spec of the one ordered. Would have thought they'd fill customer orders first?
es_paradis
New
Drives: 2023 GTI Pure White

Post by es_paradis »

You're saying that you've ordered one in November?
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

steeve wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:15 am
SRGTD wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:40 am
But there are stock vehicles available from dealers, last time I looked it was over 30 cars available for immediate delivery, we didn't order any options that aren't on those being offered for sale. Though unfortunately there isn't one of the exact colour and spec of the one ordered. Would have thought they'd fill customer orders first?
Agree, you’d expect customer orders to be fulfilled before dealership stock cars. However, it’s always been a mystery with VW how certain vehicles seem to be prioritised and built before others are.

Just done a search on Autotrader and it’s currently showing 23 results for brand new Polo GTI’s for sale (search criteria used; make = VW, model = Polo, Model Variant = GTI and Age = brand new). Some of those 23 cars could be cancelled orders - customers fed up waiting and / or changed their minds and bought a different make - hence why they’re available for sale. They might not necessarily be cars ordered by dealerships for their stock - I remember reading on a Golf forum a while back that dealers weren’t permitted at that time to order Golfs for stock as customer orders were the priority. If the same applies to the Polo GTI, then it’s conceivable that most - if not all - 23 Polo GTI’s could be cancelled orders.

Of those 23 cars on Autotrader, not all are actually physically in stock at a dealership; 8 of them are at various stages in the build process - e.g. they have a confirmed build date, they’re available at a later date, or they’ve departed the factory on the way to the UK.
- confirmed build week; 1 car
- available July / August; 2 cars
- Sept delivery; 4 cars
- Departed factory; 1 car

At least your car is built and on its way, so not too much longer to wait 🤞.
steeve
Bronze Member

Post by steeve »

es_paradis wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:02 am
You're saying that you've ordered one in November?
Yes we did.
es_paradis
New
Drives: 2023 GTI Pure White

Post by es_paradis »

Just heard from my dealer, they have a VIN number and a delivery date, the 44th week > late October or early November. Which is exactly on point with the 270 day period initially agreed upon.
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Post by MikeDO »

es_paradis wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:25 pm Just heard from my dealer, they have a VIN number and a delivery date, the 44th week > late October or early November. Which is exactly on point with the 270 day period initially agreed upon.
That sounds a bit strange to me!

If you have a VIN number, surely the car has already been built? That certainly seemed the case for me. So I wonder why the long delay to actual delivery for you? Usually only takes 6/8 weeks at worst to ship/deliver from all I've read / been told.

I only got a VIN number when my car moved to Status 30 (In transit from factory), Commission Status 4 (production finished). And my dealer sends me screen prints from the VW ordering system. So I know he's being honest.

Strange....