Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Philip GTI
New
Drives: Gti

Re: Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Post by Philip GTI »

Good morning
Wanted to do how amazing the new GTI is

I have many golfs including mark 5 gti and r32 And 6 gti
These were all great cars…

This polo does not disappoint in any way and the power delivery is fantastic. It is almost the same size as the above cars and so I am happy I did not go for a golf 8

I am very impressed and have to say the wait was well worth it :)
LEEA123
Getting There!
Drives: none

Post by LEEA123 »

mine is on boat near Belgium last time i looked :D
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Would that be the Glovis Stella by any chance? My replacements on there and that’s due in to Bruges tonight and hopefully then on to Emden.
Discoboy
New
Drives: 2022 GTi

Post by Discoboy »

lancslad1985 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:29 am So my replacement GTI is on the glovis Stella. So if anyones waiting for a polo, it may be keeping mine company.
Hi lancslad,
Ordered a new AW GTi back in the end of Mar. and was informed the build date was starting 3rd WK of Aug. So really hoping mine is by now also on the Glovis Stella heading for Emben Germany keeping yours company...
LEEA123
Getting There!
Drives: none

Post by LEEA123 »

lancslad1985 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:54 pm Would that be the Glovis Stella by any chance? My replacements on there and that’s due in to Bruges tonight and hopefully then on to Emden.
yes that's the ship , hopefully not too long now :D
Discoboy
New
Drives: 2022 GTi

Post by Discoboy »

Hello All,
Any ideas on the rough delivery time to the UK for the UK cars on the Glovis Stella once it docks at Emben Germany?
Thanks
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

It’s got to get to Emden first….was due into Bruges 22/10, then 24/10, then today and it’s anchored off the coast so not sure what’s going on.

When my last gti got to emden it was there roughly a week. My new one has an estimated handover of 30/11 currently.
somersetboy
New
Drives: GTI

Post by somersetboy »

I ordered my GTI back in June 2022 and was updated by my VW dealer to say it was on Glovis Stella too. He said hopefully should be delivered by mid/late Nov (fingers crossed). Although I have monitored Glovis Stella on Marine Traffic and travel has been quite odd over past few days, and now anchored just off Zeebrugge. Hopefully it goes to Emden over next few days and then onto the UK in a week or two.
steeve
Bronze Member
Drives: Mk10 GTI+

Post by steeve »

My wife got so fed up with waiting after being promised March delivery she bought a five door Mini Cooper S and is delighted. Me? I think I'd prefer the GTi but the VW dealer contact was so poor I agreed with the change.
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

Which dealer Steeve? My first Vw dealer was horrendous and switched to Bolton Inchcape in 2019 and haven’t looked back. Yes they had my current car a week and a bit whilst they looked at it, but when I suggested rejection they did it there and then and couldn’t be more helpful. In comparison my last dealership was awful and very unhelpful with my old bluegt that had 18 visits in 12 months.
somersetboy
New
Drives: GTI

Post by somersetboy »

Glovis Stella still appears to be anchored just off Zeebrugge - been there for a few days now. I wonder when it will move on to Emden and then eventually onto the UK🤔 Probably something to do with space in the Port or documentation.
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

It’s been there a week tomorrow, only finally anchored on 24th. My cars eta for collection is 30/11 and Brugge has been struggling with throughput recently so I’m assuming this was planned.
loemon
New
Drives: R-Line DSG

Post by loemon »

Hi,

I’ve just had an email from VW saying my car has left the factory. Any idea how long other’s cars took from this email to when they picked up the car?

TIA!
lancslad1985
Gold Member

Post by lancslad1985 »

Can depend. My first gti took eight weeks from leaving South Africa to landing at the dealership in Bolton. My replacement gti has had an extra week sat outside Bruges so no idea yet.

The damn thing can’t come quick enough, the microphone in my car has now packed up. So it appears the issue isn’t just WeConnect related at all.
steeve
Bronze Member
Drives: Mk10 GTI+

Post by steeve »

lancslad1985 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:36 am Which dealer Steeve? My first Vw dealer was horrendous and switched to Bolton Inchcape in 2019 and haven’t looked back. Yes they had my current car a week and a bit whilst they looked at it, but when I suggested rejection they did it there and then and couldn’t be more helpful. In comparison my last dealership was awful and very unhelpful with my old bluegt that had 18 visits in 12 months.
Leicester