Facelift Polo Life is a good value addition to VW range

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
arkay
New
Drives: Polo Life DSG (95 PS) in Stormy Grey

Re: Facelift Polo Life is a good value addition to VW range

Post by arkay »

I got an update from my dealer today - confirmed build week for my Polo Life DSG is build week 08/2022. Ordered on 7th November so 16 weeks between order and build. Should get it sometime in April if build date does not slip back. Extras: metallic paint, rear view camera, parking sensors, heated front seats and full-sized spare wheel.

So, at the moment, lead time is much better than expected.
Last edited by arkay on Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manclad
New
Drives: GTi +

Post by Manclad »

O8/2022. Is that not August 2022??
arkay
New

Post by arkay »

I have edited my post - 08 is the build week in 2022, i.e in February.
Manclad
New

Post by Manclad »

Ah right good news. Fingers crossed it is 16 weeks as that's pretty normal delivery times. Exciting times 🙂
arkay
New

Post by arkay »

Thought I’d post an update on my Polo Life DSG factory order made on 7th November last year.

I got an update from the dealer today saying the car is ‘status 30’ - in transit from factory. So the build date I was given of end of February was accurate.

If, as expected, it arrives in the middle of April the lead time will be 5 and a half months. Not too bad really.
Manclad
New

Post by Manclad »

Great news and good lead time all considered in context of world chaos. Enjoy 😊
arkay
New

Post by arkay »

Just a quick update on my Polo’s journey. Dealer has told me the car arrived in the UK (Port of Tyne) yesterday (Friday 15th). This is 6 weeks after it left the factory which is, I understand, a normal travel time overseas from South Africa. So all good!
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

@arkay congratulations on you Polo Life. Seems like it’s come through production and transit with good timings. I think they must have got yours on the ship just before they closed the door. I’d seen 8-10weeks from South Africa, so yours has been a nice quick delivery.

Enjoy your new car.
arkay
New

Post by arkay »

Dealer contacted me this morning to say our new Polo has arrived at the dealership - pic attached. Picking the car up on Monday which will be exactly 24 weeks from ordering.
Attachments
5DA1B8F5-A1D9-42C8-B0E3-46B10E0DD475.jpeg
5DA1B8F5-A1D9-42C8-B0E3-46B10E0DD475.jpeg (4.1 MiB) Viewed 986 times
Keavy123
New
Drives: Life

Post by Keavy123 »

I ordered a Polo Life the last weekend in January and was told end of April delivery - I got the email from my dealer on 31st March saying it was built and on the boat, I called on Thursday to see if any update and he emailed me a screenshot of his computer screen showing my status saying “in transit (to ship) and has been for over 3 weeks. Is this normal? How long does it usually take?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Keavy123 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:51 pm I ordered a Polo Life the last weekend in January and was told end of April delivery - I got the email from my dealer on 31st March saying it was built and on the boat, I called on Thursday to see if any update and he emailed me a screenshot of his computer screen showing my status saying “in transit (to ship) and has been for over 3 weeks. Is this normal? How long does it usually take?
I think ‘in transit (to ship)’ would mean it’s in transit from the factory to the ship - i.e. it’s left the factory and is probably sitting in a holding area waiting to be put on a ship, along with many other cars in a similar position. Once it’s been put on a ship, it usually takes around six weeks from South Africa to reach the UK.
Keavy123
New

Post by Keavy123 »

Oh really?! When I spoke to him 2nd week of April he didn’t say anything like that, he wasn’t to alarmed by the status of the car and even said it may potentially be May but that sounds like it’s at least June! :cry:
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Keavy123 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:13 pm Oh really?! When I spoke to him 2nd week of April he didn’t say anything like that, he wasn’t to alarmed by the status of the car and even said it may potentially be May but that sounds like it’s at least June! :cry:
IMHO ‘in transit to ship’ is different to ‘in transit and actually on the ship’, but who knows 🤷‍♂️.

If it is actually on a ship and the status hasn’t changed for three weeks, then that would suggest it’s halfway through its sea leg of the journey to the UK dealer. Once it arrives in the UK it’ll be parked up - probably in a holding compound - at the docks where it was unloaded off the ship until one of the road carriers used by VW picks it up and takes it to your dealer. That can take a few days as the carrier is unlikely to pick up just one car - they’ll probably wait until they have enough vehicles allocated to their transporter to make up a full load to deliver to various dealers in the same part of the country as your dealer.
Keavy123
New

Post by Keavy123 »

Just received my call today saying it’s arrived in the UK ready to pick up next week, can’t wait now!!

I was a build week 10 for reference
arkay
New

Post by arkay »

Comments on the first 500 miles with a Polo Life DSG (95PS)

Travel assist works well with the DSG/Adaptive Cruise and easy to set up/adjust from steering wheel. It is very relaxing on a long journey – it simply follows the car in front, even in town driving, stopping and starting as required.

Fuel economy so far is good. (50.8 mpg over first 480 miles).

Non auto Air Con works fine.

I find the 95 PS engine responsive enough. Engine not fully run in yet so will probably improve. I would have preferred the 110PS engine but the R-Line was a fair bit more expensive.

The ‘basic’ digital cockpit on the Life version is neat. I like its simple straightforward display. It is customisable to some extent but some people might like the greater flexibility of the ‘Pro’ version.

Engine/DSG box had a nice coasting function (Eco) on longish downhill stretches of road even although I didn’t order the Mode feature.

The seats are a bit firmer than on my 2019 Fabia but still comfy on longer drives.

The boot is a useful size and good shape.

The lane assist is, much to my surprise, unobtrusive to use. I have left on so far and it works quite ‘gently’. I had a T-Cross for a while which was really bad on country lanes. Maybe VW have made it a bit less aggressive for recent models? Anyway it is easy to switch off directly from the steering wheel.

Nice to have folding mirrors as standard.

The VW WeConnect App works well. Gives useful on-going info on fuel consumption etc. Salesman set it up easily on my iPhone at handover.

Apple CarPlay works wirelessly. Google Maps works a treat. (Life version has no sat nav as standard).

I’m glad to say the car is rattle-free, smooth and refined on the road.