2022 r line polo

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Re: 2022 r line polo

Post by MikeDO »

SRGTD wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:27 pm
MikeDO wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:46 pm Must admit that I do prefer the shiny black painted lower grill at the front :) Wonder why they left it unpainted on the GTI?
It’s not painted on the Polo GTI because it follows the same styling / design as the mk8 Golf GTI’s (matt black honeycomb pattern) lower grille, which is part of the overall VW GTI brand Identity.
Interesting. Thanks for that.

Still think the painted grill looks better, definitely for a white car.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

MikeDO wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:08 pm
MikeDO wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:46 pm Must admit that I do prefer the shiny black painted lower grill at the front :) Wonder why they left it unpainted on the GTI?
It’s not painted on the Polo GTI because it follows the same styling / design as the mk8 Golf GTI’s (matt black honeycomb pattern) lower grille, which is part of the overall VW GTI brand Identity.

Maybe, but gloss black is a swirl magnet; even if a safe 2BM wash method is used, it’ll show swirl marks over time. The glossy piano black trim on the doors that cover the B pillars are particularly prone to swirling - I have to periodically give them a polish with my electric DA polisher to remove the swirls, and I always use a safe 2BM for washing my car. Matt black is much easier to clean / maintain.

My pre-facelift Polo GTI+ is white and I’m more than happy with a matt black lower grille 🙂.
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member
Drives: 19plate AW GTI+ / (9n3 GTI gone)

Post by ad_182_uk »

SRGTD wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:58 pm
MikeDO wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:08 pm

Maybe, but gloss black is a swirl magnet; even if a safe 2BM wash method is used, it’ll show swirl marks over time. Matt black is much easier to clean / maintain.

My pre-facelift Polo GTI+ is white and I’m more than happy with a matt black lower grille 🙂.

I like the idea of gloss black as it’s rather intricate to try and dress it with a trim protectant product. But then theres the stone chip element as well as the swirls.
CLIFFORD2K1
New
Drives: 1.0 115 sel dsg

Post by CLIFFORD2K1 »

Picked it up today. Very happy with it. Feel much better than the old sel. And the new digital cockpit etc is ace.

Attachments
E919D676-6D6A-4FCA-8D53-B60117669CBB.jpeg
E919D676-6D6A-4FCA-8D53-B60117669CBB.jpeg (2.07 MiB) Viewed 1681 times
KayakerPaul
Getting There!
Drives: R line - if it arrives

Post by KayakerPaul »

CLIFFORD2K1 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:43 pm Picked it up today. Very happy with it. Feel much better than the old sel. And the new digital cockpit etc is ace.

Very nice indeed. Would you know if Reef blue is a similar shade to the t6.1 in Ravenna ?
Won't be long for ours - I keep telling myself 🤞
CLIFFORD2K1
New

Post by CLIFFORD2K1 »

The colour looks very very close. Probs not identical but close
KayakerPaul
Getting There!

Post by KayakerPaul »

CLIFFORD2K1 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:21 pm The colour looks very very close. Probs not identical but close
Cheers 👍
KayakerPaul
Getting There!

Post by KayakerPaul »

ad_182_uk
Bronze Member
Drives: 19plate AW GTI+ / (9n3 GTI gone)

Post by ad_182_uk »

Lol surely just get the gti at that price.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

No offence to anyone who’s either bought - or has one on order - but I wouldn’t be spending £29k - £30k on 1.0 litre R-Line Polo with a ‘massive specification’. For anyone with a £29k - £30k budget, there are other alternatives that could be considered.

Spending a significant amount of money on factory options doesn’t make good financial sense, as most of those extra cost options are worth very little when the time comes to sell the car. IMHO, it’d be better to spend £29-30k on a car that has a good standard spec as it should depreciate less than a similarly priced car with a lower standard spec that’s been heavily loaded with options.
ad_182_uk wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:53 am Lol surely just get the gti at that price.
Precisely. That’s why the pre-facelift Polo GTI+ was - and still is - very popular; well spec’d compared to other alternatives available at the time, and good performance too.
CLIFFORD2K1
New

Post by CLIFFORD2K1 »

There are 2 reasons for these artificially increased prices for next to new cars. The first being that 2nd hand cars are through the roof. My local dealership had a purple “life” model on sale for a eye watering £28,999. I was told this was as they had to as part of there dealership agreement with vw have at least one off each model car available to buy new. The issue is they don’t want to sell these cars when they get to the last as they can’t replace them due to supply shortages with new ones. So they stick a silly price on them and if someone is stupid enough to buy they still won’t release the car untill they have a replacement built. The new prices are what they are. If u order brand new from vw you will get a better deal but some people need a car that wk
CLIFFORD2K1
New

Post by CLIFFORD2K1 »

Also in regards to that car above. That spec is gonna cost you close to that off vw. The panaramic roof and matrix headlights are 1k+ extras on there own. Plus the dsg is expensive now it’s an extra 1.5k. I’d defo be getting gti though at 30k money. Mine was a good chunk less than this when ordered in nov but you couldn’t order gti at that time and dealshio said this wk it’s 18months wait for a gti now and 2 years for id3s etc as parts are made in Ukraine
CLIFFORD2K1
New

Post by CLIFFORD2K1 »

What’s even more crazy is I paid 16k for my 19 plate sel with 400 miles on the clock back in early 2020. they have it for sale for 18k with 15k on the clock. The used car market has gone mad
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

After seeing your post I had to check out the configurator and spec a RLine up. It does seem crazy you can touch £30 with this Polo, but that adds about £5,500 of options.

Some you can realistically drop IMHO but as we all know we are all different with different priorities or requirements. I think you could add £2-2,500 for a very good specced car but maybe GTI or another car would be better option.

I’m sure the car will sell but trade in time as mentioned you won’t get full or close to full price back on that chunk of options. Of course the dealer will sell for inflated price telling you what a wonderful car you are getting with loads of options to explain their high price.

Hope you are enjoying your R-Line. I think Reef Blue is the best colour :D
KayakerPaul
Getting There!

Post by KayakerPaul »

The Dealership would obviously be getting their discount on the car and extras. We had discount on our extras. I forget how much as it`s been so long...
We had a 3month old demo for my son a few years back with Audi - a truly fantastic spec car, and a fab price to match. Sadly now I`m not getting anything like that now. That`s why we decided to ordered one, rather tan look for similar in a dealeship due to the price on nearly new cars.