2021 Infotainment and USB C

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
jkr150172
New
Drives: 2021

2021 Infotainment and USB C

Post by jkr150172 »

All, I am a new Polo driver but have had a number of VW cars in recent years. I now own a 2021 Polo which I took delivery of just before Xmas.

My Scirocco and Golfs have all had SD card slots but my new Polo only has USB C connectivity to the Infotainment system.

I have transferred all my music to a USB C memory stick and plugged it in.

However, the Infotainment does not remember the last track I was listening to. Instead each time I turn the car on it always starts playing the same track from the same folder on the memory stick.

Has anyone found a solution to this behaviour?
breeza
New
Drives: Reflex silver SEL 110ps

Re: 2021 Infotainment and USB C

Post by breeza »

Like you say memory card functionality was pretty bullet proof and always remembered the last track. Any USB devices however have been a bit flakey for me be it on the old models or the new USBC cars.

I currently have a sandisk USBC drive I am using and it remembers the last track for a while but at some stage will forget and go back to the first track. The fact that mine works some of the time and yours doesn't may mean that there are some models of USB drive that will work.

Maybe someone can help with a model that works 100% of the time,
jkr150172
New

Post by jkr150172 »

thanks breeza.

Mine is also a Sandisk USB C drive.

It worked for one album/folder of MP3 files and then when I changed it to another folder it didn't remember again.

I'm going to visit VW to ask some questions. Maybe the system is too clever for its own good now!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

I have this happen occasionally in my pre facelift 2020 Polo GTI+ which has the old style USB A ports. Also happened in my 2016 Polo GTI (also USB A port) and I use a Sandisk USB drive.
jkr150172
New

Post by jkr150172 »

I have found a workaround for the time being.

Browse to the folder/album you want to listen to and then tap the repeat button until it is set to repeat the folder.

With this enabled the system always picks up where I left it.
TV8
New
Drives: A Reef Blue one!

Post by TV8 »

My GTi+ With USB has wireless car play, which was a very unexpected bonus as the car was not supposed to have it!