Rebuilding a CAT N 9N3 Polo

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
POLOZ
Gold Member

Rebuilding a CAT N 9N3 Polo

Post by POLOZ »

Hi Guys,

I am currently in the process of rebuilding the front end of a 2008 VW Polo.

However I am stuck on two things

- The impact of the crash was on the passenger side and somehow the front crash / airbag sensor was knocked off its position and left dangling.
None of the airbags were deployed however I am not sure where exactly does it mount? :roll: Can't find any info on online ETKA.

Somebody here help me find the part numbers and perhaps a picture of where it should mount?

- Secondly I am changing the whole front end including crash bar, radiator support, radiator and condensor. However I am not clued on how to disconnect
or shut off the air con gas when I disconnect the pipes. Is there a tool or should I let the gas release as I can get it refilled once everything is built.

Thanks in advance
CarbonChaos
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI DSG Oryx white 3 door.

Re: Rebuilding a CAT N 9N3 Polo

Post by CarbonChaos »

point two , you will need to have the air con gas removed via the same machine used to charge and test the system. it is currently illeagal to discharge CFC's into the enviroment and you SHOULD have the suitable qualifications to even touch this system.

point one , are you sure the sensor is a crash sensor not just the ambient air temp sensor that sits in front of the radiator ?
POLOZ
Gold Member

Post by POLOZ »

CarbonChaos wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:17 am point two , you will need to have the air con gas removed via the same machine used to charge and test the system. it is currently illeagal to discharge CFC's into the enviroment and you SHOULD have the suitable qualifications to even touch this system.

point one , are you sure the sensor is a crash sensor not just the ambient air temp sensor that sits in front of the radiator ?
Googled and it is indeed the ambient sensor :lol: do you know where exactly it positioned?

In regards to the condenser I will try and not replace the condenser, however I feel the pipes may be bent due to impact.
POLOZ
Gold Member

Post by POLOZ »

Guys anybody know where the ambient temp sensor location is? I can't seem to find it on the replacement radiator support.

Pictures would be very helpful please?
POLOZ
Gold Member

Post by POLOZ »

Anybody?
ValleyForge
New
Drives: 9N3 GTI

Post by ValleyForge »

In our GTi it fits behind the passenger side fog lamp.

Will send image later today.
POLOZ
Gold Member

Post by POLOZ »

ValleyForge wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:18 am In our GTi it fits behind the passenger side fog lamp.

Will send image later today.
Thanks Pal, looking forward to the picture.
ValleyForge
New
Drives: 9N3 GTI

Post by ValleyForge »

Sorry - was waiting for a break in the rain.
The sender can face forward or backwards, and clips into an oval hole beside the horn. From the front, you can only mount it backwards. If you have the airdam off (and bumper too), you can access the nook to aim it forwards. Dunno which is better.
Polo Temp Sender-1.jpg
Polo Temp Sender-1.jpg (2.18 MiB) Viewed 967 times
Polo Temp Sender-2.jpg
Polo Temp Sender-2.jpg (1.37 MiB) Viewed 967 times
Polo Temp Sender-3.jpg
Polo Temp Sender-3.jpg (1.54 MiB) Viewed 967 times
POLOZ
Gold Member

Post by POLOZ »

ValleyForge wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:42 am Sorry - was waiting for a break in the rain.
The sender can face forward or backwards, and clips into an oval hole beside the horn. From the front, you can only mount it backwards. If you have the airdam off (and bumper too), you can access the nook to aim it forwards. Dunno which is better.
Polo Temp Sender-1.jpgPolo Temp Sender-2.jpgPolo Temp Sender-3.jpg
Thank you so much for help. You've been a great help!!!!