Polo 6R 1.2 GT Tsi RHD

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
sshakthi123
Bronze Member
Drives: Vento 1.5 TDI MT and Polo 6R 1.2 Tsi Dsg

Re: Polo 6R 1.2 GT Tsi RHD

Post by sshakthi123 »

Hello Ciclo,

I have already isolated the other end of the wires Original SB 57a & 58a, so I believe it is not necessary to isolate T17/13 & T17/14 please let me know otherwise.

I’ll try disabling Byte 12, bit 0 and post the result here and see if it enables back the fog lights in parking lights on position.

The intention is it have the stock functionality of the fog lights and I’m not going to use fogs with parking lights either :)
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

It is correct too, although it is better from the side of the light switch, in this way the wires are not fed with the signal 58 that provides the light switch. No problem as long as the terminals are well insulated.

Totally sure that your front fog lights will work as stock again when you disable Byte12 Bit0.👍
patil
Silver Member
Drives: Polo6r/1.2TSI/DSG7, T-roc'20 1.5TSI/DSG7

Post by patil »

Ah.. this byte12 bit0.. I was thinking too it might be the culprit for malfunctioning of fog lights. I knew this byte/bit was already enabled before for a specific requirement :mrgreen: . The whole idea of using the tiny parking light bulbs in headlights as DRL's ended up causing malfunctioning of foglights.😂🤭

The one sided parking lights function is absolutely useless in my country and also it is not required by law here. I was reminded many times by people that my one side light is not working when I used this function. :lol:
sshakthi123
Bronze Member

Post by sshakthi123 »

Thanks much Ciclo. I’ll keep posted the results.
sshakthi123
Bronze Member

Post by sshakthi123 »

patil wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:30 am The whole idea of using the tiny parking light bulbs in headlights as DRL's ended up causing malfunctioning of foglights.😂🤭
Yep, I have to think of alternative then :)
sshakthi123
Bronze Member

Post by sshakthi123 »

ciclo wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:33 am My conclusion for the fog lights issue: (I may be wrong)
If you enable Byte12 Bit0, the BCM will think it's on Scandinavian lights (DRL front and rear), and the fog lights won't work with the switch in the sidelight position because the BCM thinks the signal is DRL instead of sidelights.
It depends on how your BCM 087AF is parameterized, something that I don't think is worthy of study.
I have disabled Byte12 Bit0 but the issue seems to be different.
Something related to the Dimmer switch installed.
When I keep the light switch to side lights ON and
1. adjust the dimmer control to Low -> all the button illumination goes OFF, instrument cluster lights goes OFF, fog lights doesn't work
2. adjust the dimmer control to High/Full -> all the button illumination works, instrument cluster lights works, fog lights also works

What am I missing here? Any help?
For dimmer I followed Ciclo's diagram - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2nv91 ... B4gGRBHy0g
Last edited by sshakthi123 on Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

For a proper understanding of what you're saying, please take a video and post a fresh Autoscan.

What value is less than 0 on the Dimmer? 🤔
sshakthi123
Bronze Member

Post by sshakthi123 »

:x I mean to say the dimmer regular control to low position.

Sure, I will update the details.
sshakthi123
Bronze Member

Post by sshakthi123 »

ciclo wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:29 pm For a proper understanding of what you're saying, please take a video and post a fresh Autoscan.
Here is the video
[youtube]https://youtu.be/xc7uxZl3oZs[/youtube]

few steps,
1. Park mode on -> Dimmer low -> The interior lights goes off except few Dashboard buttons (actually it is expected all the buttons illuminate with low mode)
2. Step 1 + Fog lights on ->
a). when the dimmer is low, fog light goes off
b). dimmer is high, fog light comes on + all the illumination buttons glows

ps: Apologies for taking longer time as I was out of town.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Thanks
It is clear that the electrical installation is not correct. You will have to review it, nobody better than you to know what was done.

---
JFYI; I am sorry to inform everyone that I no longer provide any kind of technical support, neither free nor paid.
Right now, are not ideal conditions for me, nothing personal against anyone or any other kind of weird story, I'm perfect condition or better.
🙏
Sevytcho
New
Drives: Golf 7.5

Post by Sevytcho »

hello ciclo, i have installed original vw full led directional headlights on my golf 7 gti facelift and wanted to know if the headlights can be coded using vcds software only or not? I followed your vcds coding (page 25 on the other tutorial), I no longer have a dashboard lighting error but I only have the high beams that work and I can't to enter in modules 4B and A5. I don't have the camera on the windshield can you help me please :(
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

ciclo wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:51 am ---
JFYI; I am sorry to inform everyone that I no longer provide any kind of technical support, neither free nor paid.
Right now, are not ideal conditions for me, nothing personal against anyone or any other kind of weird story, I'm perfect condition or better.
🙏
Just remember we will always be happy to see you around here, either with an update about your Golf project or your Polo, or just to have your look at our projects.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Sevytcho wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:55 am hello ciclo, i have installed original vw full led directional headlights on my golf 7 gti facelift and wanted to know if the headlights can be coded using vcds software only or not? I followed your vcds coding (page 25 on the other tutorial), I no longer have a dashboard lighting error but I only have the high beams that work and I can't to enter in modules 4B and A5. I don't have the camera on the windshield can you help me please :(
As I already told you in the comments of the videos on youtube:
- You need to parameterize the 4B module with the appropriate file, you can do it with VCP or with ODIS.
- You need to code the BUS MASTER with ODIS.
- You need to flash the headlight control units with the flash files for VCP.

Everything is perfectly detailed in the thread dedicated to my wife's golf. It is already a great luck for you and many to have that info.

VCDS can help you with the rest of the procedures and codings, as explained in my wife's golf thread.

I do not provide any type of file, if that is your intention. I'm sure there are people out there who can help you, although you can also obtain them through the appropriate channels (paying the subscription to VCP, etc).

You already know everything you need to know, a new answer from you in this thread is neither necessary nor appropriate.
Share info from your Golf and maybe someone wants to help you a little more.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

iichel wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:40 pm
ciclo wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:51 am ---
🙏
Just remember we will always be happy to see you around here, either with an update about your Golf project or your Polo, or just to have your look at our projects.
Sure.👍🤗
Sevytcho
New
Drives: Golf 7.5

Post by Sevytcho »

very good thank you for the information it's nice. By the way, I subscribed to your YouTube channel.👍🏼

I don't bother you anymore I will try to find the necessary files otherwise I will put the original headlights back if I find myself stuck. I just hope it will work even if my golf doesn't have the windshield camera.