9N3 GTi OEM upper rear spoiler

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
CarbonChaos
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI DSG Oryx white 3 door.

9N3 GTi OEM upper rear spoiler

Post by CarbonChaos »

Hi all,
Does anyone know how they fix to the tailgate above the rear screen, ie bolted or glued or both ?
I’ve just purchased a second hand one that’s not yet arrived , i believe it replaces the stock high level brake light with a gti specific one also ?

Cheers
MornePieters
New
Drives: 2007 White Polo 9N3 1.9 TDi (ATD, PD100)

Re: 9N3 GTi OEM upper rear spoiler

Post by MornePieters »

CarbonChaos wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:10 pm Hi all,
Does anyone know how they fix to the tailgate above the rear screen, ie bolted or glued or both ?
I’ve just purchased a second hand one that’s not yet arrived , i believe it replaces the stock high level brake light with a gti specific one also ?

Cheers
It screws to the roof via the three screws where the old third brake light side. They also use double sided tape to stick the spoiler to the roof. Yes, the original third brake light is replaced by an LED version. I drive a TDI so my glow plug light started flashing when I installed the GTI spoiler. This also disengaged my cruise control. I had to put a resistor in parallel to fool the car into thinking it's still normal bulbs. Once this was done, the flashing stopped and all other functions returned to normal. I am not sure if there are any settings somewhere to set the car up to recognize the LEF third brake light and not complain...

I know this reply is late but I have not been a member of this forum for long or active at all. Hope this helps 8)
CarbonChaos
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI DSG Oryx white 3 door.

Re: 9N3 GTi OEM upper rear spoiler

Post by CarbonChaos »

Thanks for the reply and welcome to the forum