iichels VW Up! 2012 1.0 MPI - 60hp - Black Up!

A section of the forum for members to show off their non-polo vehicles.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: iichels VW Up! 2012 1.0 MPI - 60hp - Black Up!

Post by iichel »

Yes I agree with the assessment above. You need some time to get used to them. But I do like them, I have them both in the Up and in the Polo with Madwarlock's CCE.
It works perfectly and the heating is a big plus too. Especially in summer. :| :mrgreen:
patil
Silver Member
Drives: Polo6r/1.2TSI/DSG7, T-roc'20 1.5TSI/DSG7

Post by patil »

ciclo wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:45 am
In my case, the button that beats the rest in terms of being accidentally pressed is the heated steering wheel, which is fantastic for summer temperatures... :mrgreen:
What a witty sense of humour you've got dear Master...I laughed my heart out😂... good one👌

I would like to stay wise and stick to simple wheel with buttons as my wife gonna rob me of my 6R sooner or later😁
ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Wise choice my dear doctor, as a scientist, you know well that women have a brain that is better installed from the factory than men (it is better connected between the two halves for more fluid communication) and it is more difficult to deceive them with capacitive buttons of dubious effectiveness.😁
iichel

Post by iichel »

My female specimen seems to prefer her mitsubishi over any VW I own. Do you think it needs a firmware update?
ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

I don't think so, the female specimen that shares life with you seems to choose correctly... Mostly we choose what we see, and she sees you and your pretty VWs.
Frijolax
New
Drives: Skoda Citigo EIV

Post by Frijolax »

Hi Michel,

really cool modifications all over the place with your Up!. I actually envy your skills in being able to modify everything that you have, from mechanics, esthetics, electronics….. Wow !

I have a pretty cool Skoda Citigo EIV of my own and I modified a few things to it…. Even though it’s quite limited when I see what you have done !!

Changed :
- Pedals changing them for the play / pause pedals of ID3
- radio, for a 2 Din Sony, lowering the clima control below and outside the original location (had to look for the parts in Japan…. But it works though :D )
- interior lighting with Led
- front lights for led (the car’s electric so my thoughts go towards saving energy!)
- added double level rear boot
- front hood piston / holder

But there’s one last thing I would like to add to it and it’s a rear camera. I saw you added it on your up…. Is there any chance you have a video or at least photos of how that is fit onto the car and plugged onto the radio ?

Thanks Michel and keep up the great work !

Fred
iichel

Post by iichel »

I don't have any visual documentation. I bought a wiring set for a VW for rear view camera on Ali Express. It's very simple. The camera needs a +15 feed, gnd and a reverse signal. The first two you can take from the PDC if you have it. The reverse signal can be taken from the tail light cluster.

The video feed to the head unit is two wires that go to the quadlock block. I believe mine came with the block already attached. It's very simple to install. Just make a square hole in the bumper.
iichel

Post by iichel »

Sold :oops: