Whats your 2018 - 21 GTI exhaust mods and experiences

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
ShamzGTI
New
Drives: AW GTI

Whats your 2018 - 21 GTI exhaust mods and experiences

Post by ShamzGTI »

Hi there everyone,

I wanted to check in those whom changed their exhaust.

At first I was considering switching my 2018 to the face-lift but to much similarity between the 18 and 22 models so I decided against the switch.

I eventually went ahead with a custom catless downpipe and res delete. Must says sounds amazing but seems the drone might be tiresome from time to time. Pops and bangs are agressive but not AK47 shots nor does it sound like a popcorn maker. Might consider installing the res back soon and doing a valvetronic setup later down the road.

On the plus side the turbo does spool up quick meaning throttle response is much better. Wouldn't say there is any noticeable power gains but from the throttle response does make it seem that way.

As for efficiency I haven't really noticed a change in consumption yet as my daily drives has been short distances to work and back.

What exhaust setups do you guys have and what would you recommend??
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member
Drives: 19plate AW GTI+ / (9n3 GTI gone)

Re: Whats your 2018 - 21 GTI exhaust mods and experiences

Post by ad_182_uk »

Just stepped into a 2019 gti plus with a OPF/GPF back Milltek and it’s plenty loud enough. No pops or bangs.

Next steps are intake and remap, this may add another dimension because as it stands its alllll exhaust noise.

I need to unplug the soundaktor too at some point.