Power Folding Mirrors

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
L1ARR
New
Drives: Hunting for a special 6c GTI

Power Folding Mirrors

Post by L1ARR »

Am looking at a 2017 Polo GTI, unfortunately it doesn’t seem to have folding mirrors. Keen to understand if the motor to fold is already built into the mirror housing. With some VCDS coding and the correct switch is this all I need? Or do I need new mirrors with the correct motor modules, switch and coding etc?

Can’t seem to find all the correct info. Any help would be appreciated
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Power Folding Mirrors

Post by RUM4MO »

Nop, no such luck there with that feature, sounds a bit like when my mate got his first VW, a T-ROC, and expected that I would be able to "just switch on" Sat Nav seeing as I have VCDS!
Aquavalver
Silver Member
Drives: 2013 Polo Blue GT

Post by Aquavalver »

L1ARR
New

Post by L1ARR »

Thanks for the link, this seems to be for power mirrors on the 6r. Am I missing something here?
L1ARR
New

Post by L1ARR »

RUM4MO wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:13 pm Nop, no such luck there with that feature, sounds a bit like when my mate got his first VW, a T-ROC, and expected that I would be able to "just switch on" Sat Nav seeing as I have VCDS!
I have no issues attempting to have a go at fitting these myself, what I need to understand is what’s needed to complete the task in hand. As I don’t have the car yet am working slightly blind.
ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

L1ARR wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:07 pm Or do I need new mirrors with the correct motor modules, switch and coding etc?
This will be most likely.
You will have to do an operation similar to the link that was directed to you in the previous post, but not the same when it comes to pinning/wiring. You will need the Polo 6C wiring diagrams.
Until you have the car do not do anything (purchases), first you will have to check the References of the WRMs that are installed in your car.
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

L1ARR wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:14 am
RUM4MO wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:13 pm Nop, no such luck there with that feature, sounds a bit like when my mate got his first VW, a T-ROC, and expected that I would be able to "just switch on" Sat Nav seeing as I have VCDS!
I have no issues attempting to have a go at fitting these myself, what I need to understand is what’s needed to complete the task in hand. As I don’t have the car yet am working slightly blind.
That was just a quick response as at that time we might have thought that you were not planning on retro fitting them, that was all.

I've retro fitted "stuff" as per factory fit to many of my cars, so I don't have a problem with anyone doing that.

Good Luck.
L1ARR
New

Post by L1ARR »

ciclo wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:52 am
L1ARR wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:07 pm Or do I need new mirrors with the correct motor modules, switch and coding etc?
This will be most likely.
You will have to do an operation similar to the link that was directed to you in the previous post, but not the same when it comes to pinning/wiring. You will need the Polo 6C wiring diagrams.
Until you have the car do not do anything (purchases), first you will have to check the References of the WRMs that are installed in your car.
Thanks cicio, will investigate more when I have the car.
L1ARR
New

Post by L1ARR »

RUM4MO wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:50 am
L1ARR wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:14 am
That was just a quick response as at that time we might have thought that you were not planning on retro fitting them, that was all.

I've retro fitted "stuff" as per factory fit to many of my cars, so I don't have a problem with anyone doing that.

Good Luck.
No worries, will do some more investigating on what’s required.