Window And Central Locking Fault

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Marmite22
New
Drives: 2007 1.2 5Dr Black Polo

Window And Central Locking Fault

Post by Marmite22 »

New here, Just bought my Daughter a 57 Reg 5Dr Polo.

Central Locking and the electric windows packed up at the same time, seems to be a common problem. The Motors have only got 1 plug so not the control unit style(well I'm guessing this)
The fault

The central locking isn't working from either door lock when using the key
The central locking is working from the lock/unlock interior switch
When using the interior locking switch the NSF door lock is bouncing & Interior light not coming on when door opened
Both Windows are not working from the OSF switch
NSF window works intermittently - strange thing is it works regardless of ignition lock position (no pattern in making it work)
Interior light working from the OSF

I have checked the wiring in the grommet into the vehicle with no signs of damage or corrosion.

I have replaced the NSF lock and now this will lock the vehicle all round.
OSF door lock still not locking the vehicle and windows not working.

After the NSF door lock mech (one off eBay) was open and closed half a dozen times the deadlock has activated and unable to open the door, you can see and hear the lock unlocking but unable to open the door from inside or out.
I only have a basic scanner but this showed no faults stored.
CarbonChaos
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI DSG Oryx white 3 door.

Re: Window And Central Locking Fault

Post by CarbonChaos »

So both front doors have issues, if it were mine I would replace both front door latch mechanism as the interior light micro switches are integrated into them also.

As for the one you have replaced ,you stated lock ? Latch/catch mech inside the door or key barrel by the exterior handle ? but has now failed ‘locked’ I suspect it’s just a faulty cheap Chinese part issue.

All door latch mechs only have one multi plug, variations have different amount of pins and colours, you need a like for like replacement or it all goes t**s up. Go off the OEM part number
Marmite22
New
Drives: 2007 1.2 5Dr Black Polo

Re: Window And Central Locking Fault

Post by Marmite22 »

Thanks for the response.
The OSF lock was a 2nd OEM and the deadlock failed.now replaced and working.
Window fault was the drivers window motor.

2nd off eBay

Strange thing is everything works but the OSF window goes up when switch pressed down/down when switch pressed up.