2022 Polo Led Strip DRL

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Tonxboy
New
Drives: 2022 GTI

2022 Polo Led Strip DRL

Post by Tonxboy »

Sorry folks if this info is somewhere, Ive searched!

But does anyone know the coding to enable the strip alongside the usual DRL lamps for daytime driving?
KayakerPaul
Getting There!
Drives: R line - if it arrives

Re: 2022 Polo Led Strip DRL

Post by KayakerPaul »

There's a comment in the Polo R line section about setting it as an option.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

I’d want it disabling permanently if it could be done - I think it looks a bit tacky and very un-VW like.

Just my opinion though and it’s good we don’t all like the same things, otherwise life would be boring. 🙂
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

@SRGTD. I’m with you on the light strip.

First thing I will do is to switch it off when I get my Polo….I just hope the info I have is correct and it is switchable.

I’ve seen several golfs and it just distracts in my view. Don’t like the look and won’t be imposing it on anyones rear view mirror
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

AndyGTi wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:11 pm @SRGTD. I’m with you on the light strip.

First thing I will do is to switch it off when I get my Polo….I just hope the info I have is correct and it is switchable.

I’ve seen several golfs and it just distracts in my view. Don’t like the look and won’t be imposing it on anyones rear view mirror
I’ve seen a few mk8 Golfs with the LED grille strip and to my eyes, when the strip is illuminated at night it looks slightly dimmer, giving it a slight yellow-ish light when compared to the LED DRL’s, which makes it look odd IMHO.

VW’s illuminated grille strip isn’t as ‘full-on’ as the illuminated grille on the 1980’s American car - the Mercury Sable - but it reminds me of it. I always thought the Mercury Sable’s grille was a pretty tacky and bad taste design feature;
F0DDBB86-7CA2-4A03-9C7A-7C840AD5EA49.jpeg
F0DDBB86-7CA2-4A03-9C7A-7C840AD5EA49.jpeg (91.95 KiB) Viewed 1658 times
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

Yes, think you’re right about being dimmer and from my side also agree appears tacky. Hopefully the fully illuminated grille will stay off cars forever, but can’t help think that it will be the latest fad/design touch for cars going forward esp electric cars.
VWPolo1_0
New
Drives: 2022 VW Polo AW 1.0 TSI 95bhp

Post by VWPolo1_0 »

So I might be one of the minority that likes the LED bar, and would be interested in having it on for DRL as well.
Can't find it on the forum though.. so if anyone has a link :D
snochick01
New
Drives: Polo R line 2020

Post by snochick01 »

I'm looking to upgrade to a new Polo R Line. Does anyone know if the LED strip across the grille is a standard option or only available with the IQ light upgrade? I can't find anything about it in the specs.
OhValleyOfPlenty
New
Drives: Polo R Line

Post by OhValleyOfPlenty »

snochick01 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:45 pm I'm looking to upgrade to a new Polo R Line. Does anyone know if the LED strip across the grille is a standard option or only available with the IQ light upgrade? I can't find anything about it in the specs.
The LED bar/strip is only available with the IQ Matrix led headlights upgrade. Standard lights get a chrome strip instead.