DSG GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
benmatty
New
Drives: Polo S 60

DSG GTI

Post by benmatty »

I’m looking at getting a 6C Gti in the near future, i am swayed towards the DSG version but i’ve heard horror stories about the gearbox.
Is the DQ200 box that bad that it can’t handle stock power? am i better off going manual? i have no intention to increase stock power of the dsg but i don’t want to be paying for a new box if they can’t handle the 250nm it’s limited to
CarbonChaos
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI DSG Oryx white 3 door.

Re: DSG GTI

Post by CarbonChaos »

hi and welcome,
I can report after 6yrs of ownership of a 6C Gti i have had zero issues with the 7 speed DSG box , the car is standard and wil remain so.That said there are no garrantees with any gearbox DSG or manual .Ok so the golf box with the wet clutches can handle more power/torque but also requires regular oil and filter changes which is an additional service cost over the polos dry clutch set up .

If your going to keep the car stock and drive it with a degree of mechanical sypathy all should be ok, refer to my previous statemant.
benmatty
New
Drives: Polo S 60

Post by benmatty »

thankyou for the reply, how many miles have you put on the car since ownership? and have you had to change the clutches at any stage?
CarbonChaos
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI DSG Oryx white 3 door.

Post by CarbonChaos »

Its done around 50K and no work has been carried out on the gearbox at all , not the highest mileage but i can only comment on my own experience
ZahariGeorgiev
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6R 1.6 TDI

Post by ZahariGeorgiev »

Hi,
This DQ200 gearbox is one of VW's most problematic gearboxes!
I can say this because I already had a bad experience with mine :( 4 years ago, the clutch was replaced, then - the flywheel and now it also has strange behavior. (some rattling noises and clutch vibrations)

My car is a 6R 1.6 diesel 90 ps. from factory - now it is 138 ps.(For 2 years I drove it with stock power and a new clutch and flywheel)
Soon will try TCU upgrade to handle with that more power from TVS Engineering.

Check here: https://tvsengineering.com/en/dsg-gearbox/dq200/