VCDS not working since yesterday

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
quiddi
New
Drives: Polo 6R

VCDS not working since yesterday

Post by quiddi »

Hi guys,
I bought years ago a USB/OBD Cable for VCDS Ross Tech v17. I am using it with an old PC which was never connected to the Internet. Since yesterday I am only able to connect to old cars without CAN. The testing function in VCDS shows me the information "CAN not ready".

What is your experience with these Cables? Could it be that the cable has a failure? I tried it with 3 CAN cars from VW. I don't guess that I got a bad update because my PC is not connected to the internet. If you think it is the cable, I am going to buy me a new one.

Cheers
quiddi
Mikeso51
Bronze Member
Drives: Blue GT. Also Audi A3 1.4tfsi.

Re: VCDS not working since yesterday

Post by Mikeso51 »

It might be worth updating you VCDS software before doing anything else. Current version is v22.3, so yours is very out of date.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

If your VCDS is a chinese clone, you can probably throw it away. If your VCDS cable is genuine, just update it or contact the distributor for Germany for warranty/repair.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Using something like VCDS on a computer that does get connected to the internet daily, just does not make sense, as said already, is this a genuine interface or some cheap Chinese rip off thing?

Unless you are a genuine owner of VCDS then you should know better than to ask these questions on online public motoring forums as 90+% of forum members that are using VCDS will have paid good money to be able to use a useful diagnostic system.
quiddi
New
Drives: Polo 6R

Post by quiddi »

It is a China-Clone. This is the reason why I never connected the PC to the Internet.