NOT POLO RELATED!!!

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
Limalex
Getting There!
Drives: Touareg R-line

NOT POLO RELATED!!!

Post by Limalex »

Hello Guys,

I am not attempt to offend Polo owners so please go easy on me.

I thought I put up a question here too. Hopefully somebody able to get involved.

I need to custom made a wiring kit because I cannot get it else where.

Could you guys help me to interpret a wiring diagram because some part is not clear and I also find hard to identify the connectors and the terminals needed for those connectors.

if I get some response I happy to uppload the wiring diagram. The topic is a preparation for trailer coupling on a Touareg
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: NOT POLO RELATED!!!

Post by iichel »

Sure, go ahead.
Limalex
Getting There!

Post by Limalex »

So the story behind my post.
I was attempting to retrofit the electric tow bar on my car. I ordered the Kufatec wiring kit and during installation I found out that the kit is made for vehicles already have the preparation fro trailer coupling.

It means on my vehicle on fuse box C-SC location SC5, SC6, SC7, SC8, SC13, Completely vacant and on SC41 I got only one wire installed on location A . At this point my only hope is to custom made myself the missing wiring according to the Current Flow diagram, what is seems a very hard task considering my lack of knowledge.

Kufatec's support advised me to not worry about the missing wires on fuse holder SC just find a continuous 12V+ and connect the wires to there, but I am not convinced.
Here is the first page of the trailer preparation current flow diagram. I would prefer to go section by section just to avoid getting more confused.
Fuse Holder C-SC
Fuse Holder C-SC
FuseholderC-SC.png (428.77 KiB) Viewed 2680 times
My car is the facelift model with a production date 07/10/2014 so I going to use the upgraded wire sizes.

I assume Letter A means the lover section of the fuse holder, but what are the numbers means on the lover part of the diagram?

So SC5A White/red goes to 31 and soo on. What is num. 31?
What terminals should I use for the Fuse holder SC?

My other assumption is that if the vehicle would have the preparation pre installed the wiring kit connections would go to the location B so I could make a fused connection.

However the wiring diagram of the trailer coupling shows the connection to the same location on the fuse holder as well, but with different number on the end. Why i that?

Fuse holder c-Sc on trailer coupling diagrtam
Fuse holder c-Sc on trailer coupling diagrtam
FuseholderC-SC.png (426.88 KiB) Viewed 2680 times
Here are the rest of the diagramms for the trailer preparation
Trailer DetectorComtrolUnit
Trailer DetectorComtrolUnit
TrailerDetectorUnit.png (448.51 KiB) Viewed 2680 times
TrailerDetectorUnit02.png (764.54 KiB) Viewed 2680 times
How can I identify connectors T4C, T6ax, T10ap and soo on? What terminals does this connectors got?

Ok I think enough for now. Let see If you still think you wish to deal with me. :D
Limalex
Getting There!

Post by Limalex »

iichel wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:28 pm Sure, go ahead.
A least I tried :)
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Sorry I missed your tread. So what is your question? Regarding the fuses, kufatec is not wrong to suggest to just use any continuous plus.
Limalex
Getting There!

Post by Limalex »

iichel wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:04 pm Sorry I missed your tread. So what is your question? Regarding the fuses, kufatec is not wrong to suggest to just use any continuous plus.
Ok no problem.

I would like to install the trailer preparation as the proper factory install. I would like to figure out where this wires on SC5,6,7,8,13 and 42 supposed to coming from ?
What terminals should I use both side of the wires?
Is there a part number for the terminals?