BCM bulb IDs and bulb types

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Bepis
Silver Member
Drives: 2017 6C GTi Manual

BCM bulb IDs and bulb types

Post by Bepis »

After fitting LED bulbs and tinkering with bulb load types to get them to work correctly and not throw errors I thought I'd share the bulb ID's in the BCM to stop others from having to dig through an adaptation map.

These are from a UK RHD MY17 6C GTi with the 6C0 937 089 BCM but I think these should also apply to other PQ26 cars with some exceptions and bulb types may differ based on trim level. If you want to quickly check the function of the bulb (leuchte) you're in then check the bulb functions adaptations for that bulb. A single bulb can have multiple.

If like me you're just replacing halogen bulbs for LED's then all that needs changing is the Type Of Load (lasttyp). However, for the rear position lamps (side lights) I'd recommend dimming them to 40 from 60 as I found them to be as bright as the brake light but all LED's are not equal so test your own and see if they need dimming.

The list format is as follows:
Bulb location on the car
ID in BCM
Type of bulb

Front left indicator:
Leuchte 0 BLK
WY21W

Front right indicator:
Leuchte 1 BLK
WY21W

Front left foglight:
Leuchte 12NL
H8

Front right foglight:
Leuchte 13NL
H8

Left mirror indicator:
Leuchte 16BLK
LED Module

Right mirror indicator:
Leuchte 17BLK
LED Module

Rear left indicator:
Leuchte 18BLK
PY21W

Rear right indicator:
Leuchte 19BLK
PY21W

Left Daytime running light:
Leuchte 2SL
LED Module

Right Daytime running light:
Leuchte 3SL
LED Module

Rear brake lights:
Leuchte 20BR
Leuchte 21BR
P21W

High level/third brake light:
Leuchte 22BR
LED Module

Rear left position lamp/sidelight:
Leuchte 23SL
W16W

Rear right position lamp/sidelight:
Leuchte 24SL
W16W

Rear fog light:
Leuchte 26NSL
H21W

Reversing light:
Leuchte 28RFL
P21W

Interior lights:
Leuchte30
Front Sun visor mirror lights:
18mm C5W
Front reading lights:
W5W
Front dome light:
18mm C5W OR W5W (depending on car)
Rear Reading lights:
18mm C5W
Boot light:
W5W

Left low beam:
Leuchte 6ABL
LED Module

right low beam:
Leuchte 7ABL
LED Module

left high beam:
Leuchte 8FL
LED Module

Right high beam:
Leuchte 9FL
LED Module

Hopefully that helps someone and stops them from having to dig through a spreadsheet that's in a mix of English and German :D
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: BCM bulb IDs and bulb types

Post by iichel »

The logic is very simple. For example your right hand mirror repeater bulb is connected to BCM plug T46b/17. So just look for B17 in your adaptation channel list. And all the options like dimming, function, type of load and diagnostics will show up.
Bepis
Silver Member

Post by Bepis »

iichel wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:07 pm The logic is very simple. For example your right hand mirror repeater bulb is connected to BCM plug T46b/17. So just look for B17 in your adaptation channel list. And all the options like dimming, function, type of load and diagnostics will show up.
So is thast what 17B is refering to in "Leuchte 17BLK SRA72"?

I'm useless at reading current flow diagrams but I can use excel and google translate :lol:
iichel

Post by iichel »

I probably mis-interpeted your list. The logic applies but the pin is T73a/72 :mrgreen:
Hence the A72 at the end.
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by amer6R »

Tip. You can use google translate photo/camera option to transalte the text in real time.
Bepis
Silver Member

Post by Bepis »

iichel wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:43 pm I probably mis-interpeted your list. The logic applies but the pin is T73a/72 :mrgreen:
Ah ok, that makes sense. Do the rest of the characters mean anything or are they just identifiers?

Also, say if I were to fit footwell lights how would I determine which pins to run the wires to?
amer6R wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:44 pm Tip. You can use google translate photo/camera option to transalte the text in real time.
That's a good point and is useful if you don't want to come out of VCDS but I found it easier once I got an adaptation map of the module to just paste the channel name or value straight from the spreadsheet into google translate. Although they are literal translations they at least point you in the right direction.
iichel

Post by iichel »

Bepis wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:58 pm
iichel wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:43 pm I probably mis-interpeted your list. The logic applies but the pin is T73a/72 :mrgreen:
Ah ok, that makes sense. Do the rest of the characters mean anything or are they just identifiers?

Also, say if I were to fit footwell lights how would I determine which pins to run the wires to?
To the first: they do aid in the description and finding the correct channels, but for me personally the A72 is sufficient.
To the second: you take the factory wiring diagram and connect it accordingly. If you know what pin to use, you know what channels to code.
Bepis
Silver Member

Post by Bepis »

iichel wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:09 pm To the first: they do aid in the description and finding the correct channels, but for me personally the A72 is sufficient.
To the second: you take the factory wiring diagram and connect it accordingly. If you know what pin to use, you know what channels to code.
Thanks for the insight :)