New polo rline. Heater matrix cover cracked from factory. Poor service by vw and vw assist

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Re: New polo rline. Heater matrix cover cracked from factory. Poor service by vw and vw assist

Post by OomStu_ZA »

KayakerPaul wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:28 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thAk9YuqaJE
this guy had issues with his GTI - I haven`t followed the posts but I think he was going to reject it at some point. But it might be all sorted now.
The dealership or franchise must have a "spare " car coming for September, or whenever our batch is due to be shipped, to sell on the forecourt, I would be asking and hoping if I could swop mine for a different car. They have to be ordering cars to sell themselves , as they know they will sell them easily with no wait. Even if price is inflated.
Hoping it gets sorted for you soon.
In follow up Muzi had his car swapped by the dealer only to receive another lemon"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqh32YPDBC0
CLIFFORD2K1
New
Drives: 1.0 115 sel dsg

Re: New polo rline. Heater matrix cover cracked from factory. Poor service by vw and vw assist

Post by CLIFFORD2K1 »

Also it looks like there a leak under the bonnet too. Not sure if it’s normal. Vw tech told me it was maybe water from them hosing they area down after the repair. How stupid do dealerships think people are. Anyone know if this is normal or not?
Attachments
ECF31EC9-0A81-4916-90EF-5D3AB862815D.jpeg
ECF31EC9-0A81-4916-90EF-5D3AB862815D.jpeg (1.59 MiB) Viewed 690 times
7B9BC3AC-C331-4118-B10E-5343384FE153.jpeg
7B9BC3AC-C331-4118-B10E-5343384FE153.jpeg (3.13 MiB) Viewed 690 times
CLIFFORD2K1
New

Post by CLIFFORD2K1 »

OomStu_ZA wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:46 pm
KayakerPaul wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:28 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thAk9YuqaJE
this guy had issues with his GTI - I haven`t followed the posts but I think he was going to reject it at some point. But it might be all sorted now.
The dealership or franchise must have a "spare " car coming for September, or whenever our batch is due to be shipped, to sell on the forecourt, I would be asking and hoping if I could swop mine for a different car. They have to be ordering cars to sell themselves , as they know they will sell them easily with no wait. Even if price is inflated.
Hoping it gets sorted for you soon.
In follow up Muzi had his car swapped by the dealer only to receive another lemon"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqh32YPDBC0
I have emailed him he seems a really nice guy
KayakerPaul
Getting There!
Drives: R line - if it arrives

Post by KayakerPaul »

Have you had any satisfactory resolution yet CLIFFORD2K1?
CLIFFORD2K1
New

Post by CLIFFORD2K1 »

No nothing at all still waiting on vw customers services who say they are wasiting to here back from the dealership. The only thing I was offered was the dealership offered to “buy the car back” which will leave me massively out of pocket cos the cars on forcourrts are more expensive than new
KayakerPaul
Getting There!

Post by KayakerPaul »

VW should be making you a priority for a replacement car. I hope it gets resolved soon for you.
I know its not what you would have wanted, but if the car had caught fire ( with nobody in harms way) your insurance company would have fought it out for you. And although you wouldn't want a claim, they have to find a replacement
car/ price.
As that was a question today for an online quote - a value to replace said vehicle.
CLIFFORD2K1
New

Post by CLIFFORD2K1 »

Update after allot of arguements. The car is going back into the dealership 6th sept to fix the damage they caused and to hopefully repair fully. I am still pushing for a replacement car and have had to report them to the ombudsman so it’s in there hands. VW still not interested etc
KayakerPaul
Getting There!

Post by KayakerPaul »

Sorry to hear this, especially where the resolve should have been so simple. ie replacement new car from VW, and use of the other until they find one.
We had our car today, not had much time to use it or have a good play around, but it seems very nice indeed.