Braided/stainless steel clutch and brake lines for 2016 GTI?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
GTI_Guy
New
Drives: 2016 1.8ltr GTI Manual

Braided/stainless steel clutch and brake lines for 2016 GTI?

Post by GTI_Guy »

Hey fellow Polo people,

Wondering whether anyone has any experience in after market braided or stainless steel clutch line & brake line instillation?

I recently got a new clutch master & slave fitted due to the clutch pedal failing and everything seems ok again so far but I wonder if the original lines may have something to do with the spongy, light feeling that remains. Would braided lines stiffen up the clutch feel and potentially help the master and slave live a little longer?

My polo is a 2016 1.8 GTI (6r/6c).

Cheers
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Re: Braided/stainless steel clutch and brake lines for 2016 GTI?

Post by amer6R »

I doubt it would prolong the life of the part.

Its hard to bleed out air completely the cylinder because of the location of the nipple.

But you could bleed the air in reverse direction pushing fluid from nipple towards the reservoar.

If you mean the stifness od the pedal, that depends on clamping force of pressure plate.
GTI_Guy
New
Drives: 2016 1.8ltr GTI Manual

Post by GTI_Guy »

Thanks, and yeah I’m gonna give it a go bleeding the clutch again as it definitely feels like some air may still be in the line. Was more so thinking that the lines may be slightly knackered and may be swelling slightly when clutch/brakes are depressed - I’ve heard that’s a common problem with the polo gti’s after 6 or so years.
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by amer6R »

It should be made from same material as the brake hoses.
If you can source the braided lines and want them, go for it. The lines will last longer than the rubber ones.