Fluidicjoy's Polo 6R 1.0 TSI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
fluidicjoy
New
Drives: Polo 1.0 TSI 6 Speed Automatic (09G)

Polo 6R 1.0 TSI Audi Air Intake Box

Post by fluidicjoy »

2020-VW-Polo-1.0-TSI-engine.jpg
2020-VW-Polo-1.0-TSI-engine.jpg (99.62 KiB) Viewed 699 times
The sporty nature of the EA 211 1.0 TSI is the real reason we got the ageing Polo in 2020, and it’s a real beast of an engine. It’s crazy how something so tiny makes so much power and pulls so delightfully. For those who like to appreciate what’s under the hood, the stock 1.0 TSI Engine looks dismal and lacks that aesthetic appeal. Thanks to how plain and boring the 1.0 TSI engine cover is, nobody can really appreciate it’s a VAG group engine under the hood with just a glance. In typical fashion, the same group of engines abroad got much sportier engine bays. Here is what the 1.0 TSI engine bay looks like on a Golf.
golf-lt-6th-382.jpg
golf-lt-6th-382.jpg (402.92 KiB) Viewed 699 times
To fix this aesthetic itch within the engine bay, I purchased a few Audi Air Intake boxes, gave them all a nice bubble bath, and performed a heart transplant with one of them within the engine bay. Everything was completed within 15 mins, and the outcome now brings a smile each time the hood is popped open. :D
Audi Airbox Soapy with Sonax-squashed.jpg
Audi Airbox Soapy with Sonax-squashed.jpg (5.13 MiB) Viewed 699 times
Audi Airboxes Opened for Cleaning-squashed.jpg
Audi Airboxes Opened for Cleaning-squashed.jpg (4.73 MiB) Viewed 699 times
Audi Airboxes Washed with Sonax-squashed.jpg
Audi Airboxes Washed with Sonax-squashed.jpg (5.04 MiB) Viewed 699 times
Audi Airbox 1.0 TSI Closeup.jpg
Audi Airbox 1.0 TSI Closeup.jpg (5.26 MiB) Viewed 699 times
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: Fluidicjoy's Polo 6R 1.0 TSI

Post by ciclo »

Very interesting. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-dri ... ost5489055

Even Ganesha himself would have opened your mind to who I am without the need for your father's very good advice.

I don't care that in your country, customs or 'who knows', lost the 'first wiring kit I sent you', ... which I did with all my passion.
I had to do godlike wonders to make you a 'second wiring kit' as quickly as possible, since I also had to wait for parts from Germany for this second kit that I sent you 'for free'.
The only benefit I got is that you could enjoy my wiring looms. I don't care about the money I lost, I only cared about the time I had to spend making the two wiring kits without it having a positive effect on you.

The customs in your country changed the rules for your misfortune and mine, ... due to the PANDEMIC and 'other needs' ..., currently you will be used to paying that extra in customs for any product that is imported from a foreign country, so any extra payment you make you should thank the government of your country, surely they will use it to improve the lives of all your compatriots.

You only had to have contacted me to give you technical support and solve in 0.1 second all that was a headache for you.

Your gods should tell you who were the real culprits of your disappointments.

Welcome to the forum.☯
🙏
fluidicjoy
New

Post by fluidicjoy »

ciclo wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:27 am Very interesting. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-dri ... ost5489055

Even Ganesha himself would have opened your mind to who I am without the need for your father's very good advice.

I don't care that in your country, customs or 'who knows', lost the 'first wiring kit I sent you', ... which I did with all my passion.
I had to do godlike wonders to make you a 'second wiring kit' as quickly as possible, since I also had to wait for parts from Germany for this second kit that I sent you 'for free'.
The only benefit I got is that you could enjoy my wiring looms. I don't care about the money I lost, I only cared about the time I had to spend making the two wiring kits without it having a positive effect on you.

The customs in your country changed the rules for your misfortune and mine, ... due to the PANDEMIC and 'other needs' ..., currently you will be used to paying that extra in customs for any product that is imported from a foreign country, so any extra payment you make you should thank the government of your country, surely they will use it to improve the lives of all your compatriots.

You only had to have contacted me to give you technical support and solve in 0.1 second all that was a headache for you.

Your gods should tell you who were the real culprits of your disappointments.

Welcome to the forum.☯
🙏
Yes, I do agree my father gives very good advice. My car, and the cars of many others would not have achieved their technical culmination without the passion, time and efforts of many like minded enthusiasts like you and others. Without your efforts, I wouldn't have been able to install and adapt BCM Max. I will be posting my installation experience including the roadblocks, great technical insights I received from you in a later thread. I am slowly and steadily trying to complete my backlog of car upgrade posts :lol:

Yes, it is quite unfortunate that the first wiring kit you made for me with such passion was lost and never made its way to me, and it was truly a miracle to receive a second one from you so I could complete the projects I had sought to complete. The act of completing this retrofit gave me an immense amount of happiness and satisfaction, and you are the reason sir :D .

Thanks for the welcome, and I hope to complete my share of posts regarding the BCM Upgrade and other upgrade experiences as well. With your guidance, and inspired by your work, I will work on completing the rest of the planned upgrades on my father's Tiguan. I believe the gods may or may not answer or solve all of our problems, but I am convinced some good humans and the deeds they perform on this planet leave a lasting impression on the mind and heart :wink:
fluidicjoy
New

OEM Frameless Auto-Dimming Mirror

Post by fluidicjoy »

Stock IRVM Click.jpg
Stock IRVM Click.jpg (652.98 KiB) Viewed 582 times
Stock IRVM AutoDimming.jpg
Stock IRVM AutoDimming.jpg (3.12 MiB) Viewed 582 times
The Indian spec Polo 6R in its later years featured a factory fitted auto-dimming IRVM. I stumbled upon a Frameless Auto-Dimming IRVM on Ebay and picked it up at a mouth-watering price. Turns out that these come in quite a few variants with a few feature differences. 3G0 857 511 AC is frame-less and auto-dimming, while 3G0 857 511 AD/AE support some additional features like Dimming of the ORVMs, HBA (MQB) etc. So far, I haven't found a suitable aftermarket auto-dimming ORVM for the Polo 6R, but I hope we'll find it one day :wink: The frameless mirror adds an elegant touch to the car, and after you are used to one, the stock bezels start appearing a lot thicker than they actually are.
Frameless IRVM LHS View.jpg
Frameless IRVM LHS View.jpg (597.97 KiB) Viewed 582 times
Stock IRVM LHSV.jpg
Stock IRVM LHSV.jpg (704.2 KiB) Viewed 582 times
Stock IRVM Bokeh Bezel.jpg
Stock IRVM Bokeh Bezel.jpg (486.58 KiB) Viewed 582 times
Frameless IRVM Bokeh Bezel.jpg
Frameless IRVM Bokeh Bezel.jpg (510.45 KiB) Viewed 582 times
Replacing the stock mirror was fairly simple, take out the plastic trims, hold and rotate the stock mirror out of the windshield mount, and mount the new mirror back in place onto the mount.
IRVM Bottom Trim Removed.jpg
IRVM Bottom Trim Removed.jpg (1.76 MiB) Viewed 582 times
RLS Wiring View.jpg
RLS Wiring View.jpg (3.07 MiB) Viewed 582 times
Frameless IRVM.jpg
Frameless IRVM.jpg (700.15 KiB) Viewed 582 times
I hope to change this beautiful mirror one more time, to add a little something to my car, with the guidance of experts on this forum. 8)
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Are you planning on HBA in your car? Should be possible with the 7E0 BCM Max, 7E0 stalks and the correct installation.
fluidicjoy
New

Post by fluidicjoy »

iichel wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:05 am Are you planning on HBA in your car? Should be possible with the 7E0 BCM Max, 7E0 stalks and the correct installation.
Yes sir, I seem to have developed the HBA itch :lol: . HBA seemed like a very useful feature, and plenty of rental cars in the US had the feature and it worked brilliantly. While HBA might not be a great feature in India, considering how liberally drivers use the High Beam, the idea of the HBA retrofit still excites me. I picked up a 7E0 mirror, and will start collecting the rest of the parts soon.
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

There is a lot of great information on the topic of HBA by ciclo on this topic. He is the inventor of HBA for the Polo 6R and made the first of the public discoveries and publications.