DSG not creeping & jerky pulling away

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
tnotty
New
Drives: 6R Auto

DSG not creeping & jerky pulling away

Post by tnotty »

Hi, Hope someone can shed some light on an issue with the DSG 7speed box on a polo 2015 1.2L.
There has never really been any creep when coming off the brake after a stop, and it also rolls backwards on hills. It does however creep in reverse.
Also its very difficult to just feather in acceleration, it really jerks away from a standing position.

Its been to VW who had it for 3 days and ended up saying they cant find/produce any fault codes so don't know what it is and suggested they replace the clutch and mechatronics unit and some ludicrous cost.

Its done 55k and im not sure if its had a gearbox oil change so i'll get that done next as a starting point.

I Was just wondering if anyone has had similar issues and what was diagnosed? It drives very well and changes gears smoothly when running so I'm a bit confused as to the problem.

Any info greatly appreciated.
zainf7
New
Drives: Mk5 6R BlueGT

Re: DSG not creeping & jerky pulling away

Post by zainf7 »

I have a 1.4 BlueGT DSG and I realised that I always jerk forward when my auto stop-start is enabled.
If you do have auto stop-start try not to hit the accelerator as hard from a stand still which I did in my case, feather it. 8)
Abhi_16
New
Drives: Polo 1.2 petrol automatic (DSG)

Re: DSG not creeping & jerky pulling away

Post by Abhi_16 »

Hi

Tnotty, I'm also facing same issue with my Polo 1.2L Petrol DSG (2016), it does not creep forward in drive mode when I release the break, but it does in reverse.

Did you find any solution/root cause of this?